La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.Job Description
Responsible for baked goods for outlets. Help with banquet productions and weekly brunches. Keep up pars. Have all production ready in a timely manner with regards to quality.Responsibilities
- Prepares designated food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications
- Responsible attendance and ability to work scheduled shifts and on time
- Assist in restocking all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen,
walk-in coolers, reach-in coolers and all storage areas.
- Assist in daily responsibilities which include restaurant prep, banquet prep
and plating, amenities, basic production
- Contribute idea for new desserts and work with Pastry Chef to further develop
- Follow safety rules and practices
- Basic understanding of scaling and baking techniques.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food
- Previous professional baking experience a plus, but not required.
- Has a general understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and
maintain equipment in the area.
- Professional communication skills are required.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized.
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge
- Must have basic math skills to produce correct sized batches
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds
- San Diego County Food Handlers permit required.
- Must be able to work early mornings, nights, weekends and
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com.