Bedford Springs Resort
Join our award-winning team of associates at the luxurious and exquisite Omni Bedford Springs Resort. More than just a sought-after destination for travelers worldwide, the Bedford Springs Resort flawlessly combines a rich history and historic charm with all of the modern conveniences one would expect from a four-diamond hotel property. After undergoing a $120 million restoration in 2007, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort offers unparalleled service and amenities to thousands of travelers each year.
Our Omni Bedford Springs associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort may be your perfect match.
The Pastry Cook will be responsible for the preparation of all cakes, pies, muffin, brioche and pastries of all types in accordance with the standards of quality set by the Pastry Chef.Responsibilities
- Prepare all food items according to recipe standards.
- Maintain highest quality and appearance of any items sent from the Pastry Kitchen.
- Responsible for plating and garnishing all banquet desserts to include setting up attractive buffets.
- Complete basic production necessary for finished dessert items.
- Keep all food rotated, dated and labeled. Follow correct food handling procedures. Wear gloves when handling food directly.
- Maintain a safe, organized and sanitary work area.
- Consult with Pastry Chef or Assistant Pastry Chef for information regarding the forecast for the day and/or special functions.
- Be concerned with overproduction and proper use of leftovers.
- Maintain an inventory of production items to ensure the necessary amount is available for business demands.
- Must be totally flexible to learn Baker’s responsibility.
- Must understand the importance of cross training for all shifts.
- Have knowledge of the operation of all equipment and maintain their cleanliness.
- Report irregularities and defects in equipment and machinery to the Pastry Chef or any manager available.
- In the absence of the Pastry Chef or Assistant Pastry Chef, consult with Sous Chef for any changes in Banquet event order sheets or any other special functions.
- Practice safety standards and report any unsafe condition to the manager.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Assist in other departments as needed
- Attend monthly departmental meetings
TOOLS/EQUIPMENT: Cooking utensils and equipment, pots, pans, dishware, silverware, glassware, food slicing machine, knives, oven, grill/stove burners, microwave appliances
ENVIRONMENT: Inside pastry kitchen standing on hard ceramic tile floors. Busy, noisy environment. Working around hot ovens and with multiple people in a small area.Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years culinary training.
- Previous culinary experience in a multi unit hotel or conference center.
- Two years previous pastry experience.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.