NOMO SOHO Hotel
The Pastry Cooks responsibilities include preparing quality pastry items such as breakfast items, desserts, breads, ice creams, sorbets, creams, simple syrups, amenities, displays/centerpieces and special request items.
As the Pastry Cook you,
1. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
2. Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
3. Meet with the Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
4. Complete Opening Duties:
a. Inspect the cleanliness and working conditions of all tools, equipment and supplies.
b. Check production schedule and par.
c. Establish priority items for the day.
d. Inform the Executive Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned.
5. Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to departmental standards.
6. Inform the Executive Chef of any foreseeable shortages before items run out.
7. Inform the Food & Beverage service staff of 86'd items and the amount of available menu specials throughout the meal period.
8. Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and hotel requirements.
9. Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate; certification of culinary training or apprenticeship preferred. License/Certification: Food handling certificate.
Experience: Should have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience as Pastry Cook in hotels with similar style and standards.
Basic Expectations: Demonstrates adequate pastry skills and operations. Be able to plan and prepare for restaurant, catering and special events. Be able to read and understand catering B.E.O.'s. Shows interest in participating in menu planning for dessert items.