Basil's Kitchen, SeaTac, WA
Location: US - WA - Tukwila
Serve food and drink to guests professionally and efficiently. Servers should be knowledgeable, skilled and personable and able to converse with guests. Work well within a team by assisting coworkers.
- Attend pre-shift meetings, as required.
- Ensure that wait stations maintained in a neat and clean condition and conform to proper set-up and sanitation standards.
- Have your station ready for service and approved before your station is opened for service and guests are seated.
- Cheerfully and respectfully acknowledge and greet all newly-arriving guests.
- Wait on guests in a timely and efficient manner using correct serving procedures.
- Provide assistance with the set-up and clearing of tables within your assigned stations.
- Attempt at every table to up sell by offering appetizers, salads, premium liquor, wine, desserts, etc.
- Be able to describe all menu items and daily featured items, correctly presenting and up-selling all food and drink items.
- Use proper ordering procedures and correct data entry into the Micros system.
- Be available at all times to fulfill the needs of the customer.
- Work cooperatively with other Outlet, Kitchen and Bar staff to ensure that product and service standards are maintained.
- Assist in answering the telephone answer customer's inquiries with a pleasant voice. Take accurate and complete reservations.
- Assist co-workers in setting up and breaking down for all shifts.
Job requires basic understanding of professional serving. Professional communication skills, ability to take direction, work in a team environment, work calmly and effectively under pressure and possess problem solving skills in addition to being self-motivated and organized. Have a strong commitment to quality service and food and beverage knowledge. Previous experience preferred.