Westin Wilmington Riverfront
Location: US - DE - Wilmington
Wilmington, DE, US 19801
Perform protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property to maintain a safe and secure environment.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking and climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Requires verbal communication using pager and two way radio, bending, stooping and kneeling.
• Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, and assisting with door lock problems. Coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct and potential violations of hotel policy as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, associates, patrons and property. Requires grasping, lifting and/or carrying or otherwise moving persons, packages, luggage, wheelchairs and safety equipment using manual dexterity of hands.
• Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering around building. Conduct walk through observations of entire hotel. Promote safe work practices.
• Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
• Observe the security monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
• Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
• Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Thorough knowledge of the layout of the building, function rooms, and some knowledge of the city and surrounding areas. Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift. Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 150 lbs. Sufficient manual dexterity in hands to manipulate fire and alarm panel switches. Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace. Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.