Part time Overnight Security
The Loews Annapolis Hotel is a newly renovated 215 room full service Hotel that features 20,000 square feet of function space and is the proud home of the BAROAK Cookhouse and Taproom Restaurant. We are located in the downtown Annapolis location, within walking distance of Shops, the Historic district and the local waterfront.
For more information about Loews Annapolis Hotel, please visit www.loewshotels.com
We are currently seeking a part time Overnight Security agent to work Friday and Saturday nights from 11pm - 7am. Security agents are responsible for responsible for controlling access to, conducting physical inspections of and monitoring the facilities, which constitute Loews Annapolis Hotel. To ensure the safety and security of guests and employees and the protection of Loews Annapolis Hotel property and assets. Will also assist with general guest requests and basic maintenance needs on the overnight shift, as well as the delivery of overnight room service orders to Hotel guests who order from the limited service menu after normal operating hours.
Specific tasks and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs Security Office, Employee Entrance and Patrol operations as outlined in the Standards for Security Officers
- Thoroughly understands all Hotel Emergency Response Procedures and is able to respond appropriately to all situations
- Monitors/controls access to all facility employee entrances, ensures that only authorized individuals enter
- Inspects all packages entering and exiting through facility employee entrances, denies access to or removal of unauthorized materials
- Verifies that all materials leaving facility are accompanies by a completed, signed package removal pass, confiscates and turns over to management, all materials not properly authorized
- Patrols front of house, back of house and exterior hotel areas, reporting any safety or security hazards, unacceptable behavior, or suspicious persons to Security Supervisor for direction and resolution. Effectively uses all electronic monitoring systems
- Prepares necessary maintenance requests for safety related maintenance requirements identified, addresses if possible
- Monitors CCTV cameras, radio communications, and Fire Control Computers
- Documents all guest and team member security related issues and assistance provided in appropriate Security reports
- Assists with general guest requests on the overnight shift.
- Assists with overnight emergency shut off when required.
- Logs, stores, and returns lost and found items in accordance with hotel policies
- Enforces hotel rules/regulations in accordance with Employee Manual and hotel policy
- Monitors and ensures compliance to hotel key control policies by all employees
- Interacts with guests in a courteous and professional manner
- Responds to all guest and employee incidents, gathers information, secures area if necessary to preserve evidence
- Completes all daily reports in accordance with the Safety Security Manual
- May assist in obtaining materials from Storeroom areas during non-operating hours.
- Documents all after hour storeroom entries, reason for entry, ensures proper requisition obtained for all items removed
- Assists other hotel employees in applying Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control policies
- Answers department phone lines in prompt and courteous manner in accordance with all Loews Hotels standards
- Other duties as assigned
The position reports to the Director of Engineering and Security but may take direction from the Overnight Manager on Duty.
As a part time team member, the Security agent will be eligible for paid holidays, paid uniform and uniform care, free on site parking, access to team member travel benefits, and free shift meals.
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
The Security Candidate will have the following knowledge, skills and ability:
- Excellent observation, communication, guest service and report writing skills
- Minimum two years previous Security experience in a similar sized hotel environment or customer service environment
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently
- Able to work consistent Friday and Saturday night schedule, with the potential for flexible schedule to work other nights when needed.
The preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities are preferred:
- Possess, Class "D" Security license, CPR and First Aid certification, or ability to obtain
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V