At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
The host/hostess is the face of the restaurant. They are the first and last person our guests will see when they join us for a dining experience. They make guests feel welcome, appreciated and to extend to them every courtesy. Additional duties include general cashier duties, answering telephones in a professional and friendly manner, greeting guests, seating guests, using the appropriate standards and handling special requests.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Cash handling experience
- ***MUST be able to work Weekends, Holidays PM and AM Shifts*****
- One year restaurant experience preferred.
- Good food and service knowledge preferred.
- Pleasant personality.
- Excellent communication skills.
Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse guest types.
- Keeps emotions under control with the ability to remain calm and well organized under pressure while working quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tables at a time and be organized with attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Ability to properly operate the telephone and computer software used for the outlets.
- Ability to respond promptly to customer needs.
- Must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Basic knowledge of Micros POS system
- Proficient in Open Table reservation system
- Adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Local knowledge of the community ( attractions activities, etc.)
- Greet and interact with guests in a friendly and professional manner.
- Seat all guests in a timely and courteous fashion. Clear extra settings if not needed. Present menu to each guest.
- Answer telephone and take reservations using professional language.
- Volunteer information to guests.
- Must be knowledgeable about amenities, specials and other locations on property and about current/upcoming events.
- Keep work area/podium clean and organized. Menus should be wiped down at the end of each shift and replaced if wrinkled or soiled.
- Communicate with kitchen and staff to ensure steady flow of dining guests.
- Maintain waiting list of guests. It is the greeter’s responsibility to know what tables are available, who is covering each section and how to seat guests alternately in each section.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- As time allows, walk around restaurant and check on guests. Refill water, push in stools, wipe down high tops, always keeping on eye on podium.
ENVIRONMENT and DEMANDS:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Moving through out the operations during the majority of shift
- Regularly required to lift, reach with hands and arms, use fingers (keyboard etc.) to handle or feel..
- Accurately handle money.
- Lifting requirements of up to 20 pounds.
- Use of the telephone (hearing & speaking).
- Computer/monitor work for making reservations.
- Working in kitchen on tiled flooring; kitchen conditions may be hot; floor may be slippery (appropriate footwear required)
- Direct contact with guests, managers and employees.
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.