The Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham in Farmington Hills is currently seeking a
Part Time Breakfast Attendant to work Saturday and Sunday mornings . The Breakfast Attendant is responsible for setting up and breaking down each morning's breakfast buffet, ensuring buffet items such fruits, breads, cereals and bakery items remain well-stocked, maintaining the safety and appearance of the buffet area and cleaning the area in preparation for the next day. This may include replenishing silverware, sugar caddies and condiments, light to moderate food preparation, refilling beverage containers, mopping, wiping and sweeping. For evening receptions, the breakfast attendant's duties include ordering and preparing the evening reception's meals, setting up and breaking down the items, maintaining the safety and appearance of the reception area, and cleaning the area in preparation for the next day.
Essential Job Functions
• Possess good communication skills for keeping customers informed of food offerings and hotel information.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment and should be courteous, efficient and friendly.
• Strong capability to multitask.
• Process order for breakfast food and supplies as needed.
• Maintain positive customer and associate relationships.
• Respond appropriately to guest inquiries and concerns to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Handle guest issues to resolution in effort to improve the guest experience and escalate any outstanding guest inquiry or concern to management that may require additional monitoring or follow up.
• Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.