The Embassy Suites at the Chevy Chase Pavilion offers award-winning hospitality, exceptional value and unmatched location to create a unique best-in-class experience for our guests. Located in the upscale Friendship Heights neighborhood in Washington D.C. within the completely renovated and rejuvenated Chevy Chase Pavilion, the Embassy Suites provides an unmatched combination of service and amenities. From the hotel's partnerships with Top Chef Bryan Voltaggio and Range restaurant and the Civil Cigar Lounge to direct access to some of Washington's most exclusive shopping, the Embassy Suites offers more for every guest. Positioned directly atop the Metro Red Line, the Embassy Suites location, creates the perfect experience for guests in town for business, pleasure or a healthy combination of both.
The Embassy Suites completed a $9.75 million renovation in mid-2014 that transformed the property into a boutique level, metropolitan location offering a new lobby bar service, expanded seating and gathering areas, enhanced public spaces and two levels of premium suites. The combination of completely new product with Two Road Hospitality's commitment to internal growth and promotion make the Embassy Suites a top employer in the market. We hold ourselves to the same level of commitment we ask our team members so that all efforts are recognized and supported providing opportunities for advancement both locally and throughout our extensive collection of hotels and resorts.
Job OverviewYou will use your mixologist talent to prepare and serve great alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for each guest, every time, all while enjoying the fun that each guest brings. While mixing and creating, the bartender is responsible for ensuring that all state, federal and property specific policies and procedures are upheld.Essential Functions
- Embrace service with a story through creating and serving both distinctive and traditional alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for guests
- Share your personal passions and knowledge of the food, services and amenities available to guests to help them feel at home
- Orchestrate an extraordinary guest experience by providing a fun and positive environment
- Be an advocate of our menu offering, receive food orders at the bar, and ensure accuracy before guest delivery
- Experience. Two years’ previous experience providing customer service preferably in a similar setting with a working knowledge of Spirits, Wine, Beer and Food service
- Flexible. Must be able to work varied shifts, including Weekday Evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Friendly. Must be able to deliver a fun and friendly environment during each guest exchange
- Energetic. Must be able to work within an empowered and fast paced environment that services the bar and servers within the restaurant
- Knowledge. County Specific Food Handlers Certification, State specific alcohol certification and/or TIPs certification required
- A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.