Part time Banquet Houseperson
Loews Annapolis Hotel is an upscale 215 room hotel located in downtown Annapolis just blocks from the waterfront, Historic District and US Naval Academy. We are home to the BAROAK Cookhouse and Tavern and we boast beautiful, newly updated 20,000 square feet of function space in both the main building and the Powerhouse Event Space.
For more information about Loews Annapolis Hotel, please visit our website at www.loewshotels.com/annapolis
We are seeking a part time Banquet House person for our Banquet set up team. Banquet House people set up function room tables, chairs and any other necessary equipment according to prescribed layout. Assists in the presetting, serving and breakdown of all function rooms. This position is for the PM shift to begin at 4:00pm.
Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Transports and sets up banquet tables, chairs and equipment according to Event Order diagrams and/or specifications
- Obtains required linens and table skirting from linen supply room
- Uses table cloths and table skirts to cover tables properly
- May assist in the presetting of china, glassware, silverware and service equipment necessary for banquet service activities
- May assist in the clearing of soiled china, glassware, silverware and service equipment between courses or after function ends
- Clears sorts, prepares soiled china, glassware, silverware and service equipment for washing after end of banquet food service function
- Gathers and pre-sorts soiled linens and table skirts before transporting them to the laundry
- Breaks down tables, chairs and equipment for return to storage
- May assist in the set up and break down of audio visual equipment
- May assist or perform transport and set up of portable dance floor
- May assist or prepare coffee, ice/hot tea or other beverages
- May assist in the plating of food prior to banquet food service function
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of back of house and storage areas
- Other duties as assigned
As a part time team member, you will have access to excellent pay, flexible working hours, paid holidays, free on site parking, free shift meals, free uniforms and uniform care, access to a free Employee Assistance Program, access to team member travel benefits with Loews Hotels, Discounted membership to 24 Hour Fitness in Annapolis, career development and growth opportunities and much more!
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work force.
Drug Free Employer
Required Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate for the Banquet Houseperson, part time position will have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to read and understand the English language
- Ability to safely move and set up banquet tables, chairs and equipment
- Ability to stand, stoop and bend repetitively during entire shift
- Ability to lift and carry tables, chairs, equipment and food service trays weighting 35+ pounds
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
- Has excellent detail orientation
- Portrays a professional appearance
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V