Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
365 Parking is looking for friendly, energetic people to work with us as Parking Lot Cashiers and Attendants at our Lighthouse Inn property in Narragansett, RI. Directly behind the Lighthouse Inn, we provide parking for the Block Island Ferry, Salty Brine Beach, and for general visitors to the Port of Galilee.
We are hiring staff for our summer parking operation at the Lighthouse Inn. Operating hours are from 6 AM to 8 PM, and shifts are available 7 days a week but primarily on weekends. Candidates should have at least some weekend availability through the end of our season, which is October 9th. We have a very flexible scheduling program, and we can create almost schedule that works for you, ranging from 10 to 30 hours per week. In addition, we provide uniforms, a relaxed working environment, and even advancement opportunities for those who are interested and show a dedication to success!
TO APPLY, CLICK THE "APPLY" BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD, OR SEND YOUR RESUME OR LETTER OF INTEREST TO CAREERS@365-PARKING.COM
What you will be doing:
- Cashiers will handle payments from our guests parking in the lot. Cashiers will process cash and credit transactions, issue tickets according to proper procedure, collect tickets as guests exit the lot, and answer questions regarding the parking facility and the area in general.
- Lot Attendants guide vehicles into or through the parking lot and into the correct parking spaces according to procedures. Attendants may also assist guests with a variety of questions about the parking lot and the area in general. Lot attendants will spend most of their shift (4-8 hours) on their feet, minus breaks.
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Be willing and able to comply with our uniform and appearance policy
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to provide legible communications
- 18 years of age or older
- A positive attitude, desire to put a full effort into your work at all times, and a genuine care for the well being of our guests
- Ability to smile, acknowledge, greet and extend a warm welcome to each and every customer.
- Cashiers must be able to accurately handle cash, solve basic math equations, and complete a shift report
- Lot Attendants must be able to move throughout a parking lot and use repetitive hand motions (waving a flag, etc)
- Ability to provide high levels of customer service
- Ability to maintain high standard of cleanliness of work area, personal appearance, organization, etc.