IN 2016, DESTINATION AND COMMUNE STARTED A NEW JOURNEY TOGETHER.
We set off to create the most extraordinary independent hospitality company in the world. By combining two brands that embody freedom and discovery, we have assembled an unrivaled collection of unique properties, passionate people, and remarkable experiences from across the globe. No other company can lead this journey and feed the endless curiosity of today's fiercely individual traveler. We are in the business of individuality. It's the hallmark of our entire portfolio, running through all of our collections and each one of our properties. It describes every guest, owner, and team member. And it's the centerline down the road we are on. We don't know where the next fork in the road will take us, but we do know we'll enjoy the journey. We welcome you to join us.
Job OverviewThis position will plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of cold food production to include, but not limited to cold menu items, cold line specials, displays/ presentations of cheeses, fruits, salads, dressings, compotes, vegetables, sandwiches and desserts, in accordance with standards and plating guide specifications.Essential Functions
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements
- Meet with Garde Manger/Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times
- Previous kitchen experience required.
- Hotel environment experience preferred.
- A minimum formal education of a high school diploma or any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Should have all certifications required to handle food
- Expand/condense recipes
- Produce artistic and creative food
- Excellent customer service focus and communication skills
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal
- Ability to interpret/extract information and/or perform arithmetic functions