A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is seeking a highly motivated, self-determined, dynamic individual with a strong commitment to outstanding service to join our team as a Prep Cook.
Are you an individual who enjoys working at a continuous steady pace in a service environment? Do you enjoy working in a team oriented culture where providing outstanding and consistent quality service to others in appreciated? Are you attentive to details and have excellent follow through?
If the answer is YES, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa, one of Pacific Hospitality Groups Hotels, is looking for you!
To be knowledgeable of all kitchen facilities and services. To perform duties in accordance with Estancia La Jolla Hotel and Spa standards. Ensures guests satisfaction through the service and production of unprocessed foods as instructed by the Executive Chef. Responsible for physical aspects of the assigned department.
To include but not limited to the assigned duties:
- Exceed guest expectations.
- Read, understand and enforce the employee handbook.
- Read, understand and enforce safety manual.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of all elements of standard operating procedures.
- Communications to be accurate and timely, through written or verbal means.
- Observe all department rules, regulations and dress code.
- Use 10/5 Rule: Make eye contact within 10 feet of guests, Smile within 5 feet, Greet upon contact.
- Demonstrate teamwork responsiveness when asked to do any task.
- Maintain strict compliance of hotel's Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) program and be familiarized with current MSDS.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment "Clean As You Go".
- Supervision of department.
- Food Production - Follow all recipe cards and plating guides to ensure consistency, portions, presentation, temperature, quality.
- Preparation of food may include soups, entrees, sauces, cutting meat and fish, and preparing daily specials for restaurant and banquets.
- Assist other stations in the kitchen dept.
- Direct the cleaning, preparation, and cooking of all vegetables.
- Inventory and organization of department reach-in, walk-in coolers, freezer, and dry storage.
- Proper storage of perishable product, labels, dates, FIFO.
- Responsible for controlling food and supply waste.
- Inspect incoming product, and monitor final product and its presentation.
- Requisitioning- Follow purchasing and procedures. Complete requisition neatly with proper quantities and food specifications.
- Equipment Knowledge- Maintain the care and cleanliness of all mechanical equipment. Provide safe work environment through proper use of equipment and personal tools. Monitor equipment daily and report problems via work order system.
- Create a daily prep list for cooks to prepare - follow up and hold accountable.
- Maintain proper food temps in all areas - complete and supervise daily check lists for opening closing/temperatures/live checks.
- Monitor all kitchen staff for optimum performance and ticket times.
- Daily training on all kitchen staff to achieve or increase standards.
- Keep a positive attitude throughout the staff to maintain positive results.
- Help maintain cost controls in food,/labor, expenses to stay within or below budgeted and forecasted money.
- Help train all new hires.
- Ability to interact with all associates and guests of the hotel.
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following all standards.
- 3 years' experience in a culinary role.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand and occasionally required to sit, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
For more information about this hotel and Pacific Hospitality Group (PHG), click on Hotel Portfolio tab and About PHG.
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.