Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
Pantry Cook works in the cold kitchen. The job entails preparing salads, cheese plates and other cold appetizer.The pantry cook cost effectively prepares quality food in safe and efficient compliance with proper food preparation and handling, policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulationsRequirements
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good working knowlegde of the fundamentals of cooking.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to read, write and understand English in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- At least one year cooking experience required.
- High volume breakfast cook experience preferred.