IN 2016, DESTINATION AND COMMUNE STARTED A NEW JOURNEY TOGETHER.
We set off to create the most extraordinary independent hospitality company in the world. By combining two brands that embody freedom and discovery, we have assembled an unrivaled collection of unique properties, passionate people, and remarkable experiences from across the globe. No other company can lead this journey and feed the endless curiosity of today's fiercely individual traveler. We are in the business of individuality. It's the hallmark of our entire portfolio, running through all of our collections and each one of our properties. It describes every guest, owner, and team member. And it's the centerline down the road we are on. We don't know where the next fork in the road will take us, but we do know we'll enjoy the journey. We welcome you to join us.
Job OverviewThis position will specialize in a maintenance trade which includes but is not limited to; HVAC/Refrigeration, Painter, Electrician, Plumber, Carpenter and Pool Technician.
While assuming the responsibilities in their respective trade, this position will also be responsible with assisting to guest requests, perform general maintenance tasks, complete assigned work orders and help in the maintenance and repairs of all the areas of the property including but not limited to; guest rooms, public areas, kitchens, laundry, HVAC/CP equipment, electrical systems, plumbing systems, pools, spas, refrigeration equipment, painting, drywall, wallpaper, carpentry, furniture and all other related or unrelated equipment or facilities maintenance requirements and preventive maintenance programs.Essential Functions
- Take ownership in the specialized trade hired for such as; HVAC/Refrigeration, Painter, Electrician, Plumber, Carpenter and Pool Technician
- Perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Receive daily work assignments and review priorities and special projects
- Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program
- Perform other trades as needed such as; electrical, HVAC, plumbing, painting, pool maintenance and carpentry work orders
- Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance and storage of all tools
- Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces
Ensure security of any assigned keys
- Must be certified in the trade in which this position is specialized
- Must have 3-5 years experience in painting with brush and roller and wall vinyl hanging.
- Experience in taping, floating, texturing, wallpaper, and spray painting required.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Some general-overall mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, kitchen, carpentry and facilities maintenance knowledge
- Must know how to use or have the ability to learn and understand basic diagnostic devices to trouble shoot and maintain equipment (meters, detectors, measuring tools, test kits, etc.)
- Must be experienced with hand tools and other tools used in the normal repair and maintenance of equipment
- Great Attitude
- Reliable and flexible with dates and times.
- Hotel experience preferred.