Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
Under general supervision, the painter applies coats of paint, varnishes, stains, enamels, or lacquers to decorate and protect exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of buildings and structures.
Maintenance and Repair
* Smooth and prepare surfaces for painting, including sanding and removing old paint.
* Fill nail holes, cracks, and joints with putty, plaster, or other filler.
* Tape, float, and texture walls and ceilings.
* Select premixed paints or mix required portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint to match specified colors.
* Paint surfaces, using brushes, spray gun, or paint rollers, and apply paint with cloth, brush, sponge, or fingers to create special effects.
* Stain, seal, and varnish wood surfaces.
* Erect scaffolding or set up ladder to perform tasks above ground level.
* Graffiti removal from the interior and exterior of buildings.
* Glass repair of building windows.
* Pick up and deliver painting supplies to campuses; maintain delivery records.
* Detect needed repairs on buildings, grounds, and equipment by following established inspection procedures.
* Prepare all painted signs required by the hotel.
* Receive and complete work orders while maintaining accurate records on material and labor used.
* Maintain inventory of tools and assist with inventory control of materials and equipment.
* Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
* Work with building principals and supervisors to complete projects.
* Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
* Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment and ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
* Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
* Store, handle and dispose of paint, stain, varnish, and other chemicals according to established procedures.
* Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
Other Duties as Assigned
* Other duties could include working in other areas of the maintenance department to provide support during absence or shortage of staff in other trades or to perform duties associated with light construction projects.
* Requires flexibility and understanding that all maintenance staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal area of expertise to meet the mission and goals of the hotel.
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with SWIRE rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel's facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Knowledge of equipment, materials, methods, practices, and tools used in painting trade.
* Ability to properly apply paints, knowledge of and ability to mix paint to match colors.
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
* Ability to work independently.
* Ability to use a computerized maintenance management system for work order processing.
* Two year experience in painting field.
* Frequent walking, standing, climbing, heavy lifting and carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Ability to operate hand and power tools and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
* Work outside and inside; on slippery or uneven walking surfaces, ladders, and scaffolding; and around machinery with moving parts.
* Exposure to hot and cold temperatures, excessive noises, fumes, and toxic chemicals.
(Please note: The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. Management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.