Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewResponsible for maintaining the general condition of the property with regards to all aspects of basic painting work. Complete maintenance request work orders from all departments on a timely basis. Participate in the preventive maintenance program for all building equipment and rooms. Complete other special projects assigned periodically by the Director of Engineering.Essential Functions
- Perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas.
- Assist electrician, carpenter, plumber and painter in all phases of repair work
- Assist other engineering personnel as instructed by Manager in regards to routine and preventive maintenance
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the work area to include:
- Requisition (receipt and storage)
- Trash removal and clean up
- Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance and storage of all tools.
- Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces.
- Ensure security of any assigned keys.
- 5 Years experience as commercial painter preferred.
- Working knowledge of different types of paints and their applications.
- Knowledge of the use and application of wall coverings (wall paper, vinyl coverings, etc.)
- Knowledge of stains and finishes.
- Knowledge of all tools and equipment respective to job functions.
- Ability to interpret manufacturer’s literature for installations preparation, use and upkeep of various materials and products used throughout the property.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling and disposal.
- Fluency in job related English both verbal and non-verbal
- Provide legible communication and directions.
- Computer basic mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers in processing charges.)
- Ability to:
- be well organized and follow instructions
- focus attention on details
- operate high reach lifts
- prioritize tasks and comply of deadlines for work assignments
- be a clear thinker and perform well under pressure work assignments
- work and perform job functions with minimal supervision
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team