Overlooking the Pacific Ocean in the town of Del Mar, L'Auberge Del Mar is the perfect place to enjoy all that Southern California has to offer. After a $26 million renovation introducing award-winning dining options and a cheerful and cozy spa, we're proud to say that the sea has never been this sweet.
Our most important priority is to make L'Auberge Del Mar a successful, enjoyable and progressive place to work. Our associates are our greatest assets and we pledge our best efforts to ensure that every associate is respected as an integral part of the L'Auberge team. Our commitment to excellence ensures a level of service that consistently anticipates and exceeds the expectations of our guests. Our associates take a pro-active approach to provide consistently high standards of personal and attentive service to our guests. L'Auberge embraces an entrepreneurial spirit and nurture an environment where our associates create better ways to do things. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, 401 (k) retirement plan with matching contributions, career development programs, exceptional training programs , amenity discounts, Destination Hotel and Resorts discounts, complimentary meals and parking, opportunities for promotion from within, holiday dinner parties, associate recognition programs, associate opinion surveys, paid vacations and holidays. If you want to be challenged, make a difference, and experience a sense of accomplishment, we invite you to learn more about our exciting employment opportunities.
Job OverviewPrepares and paints surfaces of building structures, furniture and equipment using proper application techniques. Measures lengths of surfaces to determine quantity of paints needed. Plaster or spackle surfaces, mixes paint colors to match existing colors and applies paint to all building and equipment surface with brushes, rollers and spray gun. Install and repairs covered wall and ceiling surface throughout the facility. Hang vinyl paper, fabric and foil wall coverings of various weights. Maintains and repairs caulked, grouted and masonry surface throughout the facility. Require caulking, grouting, plastering and setting tiles, cylinder block/brick and cement work. Prepares and maintains wood surfaces requiring staining varnishing and lacquering. Applies alcohol or water stains and develops a finished product from unstained wood or existing finished woodEssential Functions
- Responds to engineering and maintenance concerns in the building
- Responds to all building related safety concerns
- Maintains departmental compliance with hotel maintenance procedures
- Assist management in specifying proper supplies and equipment for operations
- Deals with guest related concerns
- Maintain the guest rooms, public space, and back of the hotel areas in good condition by performing various tasks related to a variety of trades including painting, wall covering, tiling, carpentry and plumbing to ensure an attractive and well-maintained hotel
- Must possess knowledgeable of basic hand/power tool operation
- At least two (2) years of experience in a similar capacity
- Responsible for engineering and maintenance operation of the hotel, hotel property, restaurant and grounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
- Must be able to respond to emergencies when not physically at the job, if required
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management, coworkers and vendors
- Ability to work a variety of varying schedules
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculation
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse any situation
- Ability to work well under pressure of check-in/check-out of guest and handle multiple task at once
- Ability to grasp, bend, stoop, push or pull heavy loads weighting up to 75 lbs; and lift or carry package, boxes and luggage.
- Punctuality and regular reliable attendance
- Honesty and Integrity