At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class property.
A Spectacular Mountaintop Retreat
The AAA Four Diamond Stonewall Resort is a spectacular lakeside retreat in Roanoke, surrounded on every side by West Virginia’s rolling countryside, the Arnold Palmer designed golf course or the peaceful waters of Stonewall Jackson Lake. Stonewall’s guests lounge on the lakeside patio, explore miles of West Virginia hiking trails, play a thrilling round of golf - or two. Whether they are here for a conference, romantic getaway, family vacation, or for the most important day of their life, stays at Stonewall Resort offer endless possibilities for fun and relaxation amidst nature’s grandeur. We are also a dog friendly resort!
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
- General maintenance of resort facilities with a focus on painting and drywall repair.
- Work in other job areas as determined necessary by the department supervisor.
- Perform all duties in a professional manner and in accordance with company policies.
- Follow all safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain grooming standards as outlined in employee handbook.
- Work in a busy atmosphere, meet deadlines.
- Work independently with little direct supervision.
- Available to work various hours including evenings and weekends.
- Carry out the policies and procedures of Stonewall Resort and Benchmark Hospitality while maintaining the highest degree of professionalism and a teamwork atmosphere.
Formal Education and Job-Related Requirements
- One year of experience in commercial or residential painting.
- Drywall repair / finishing experience.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
This position requires the employee to engage in Constant Manual Dexterity, Fine Motor Skills, Hand Eye Coordinator, Hearing and Near Vision. In addition, the position requires Frequent Standing, Walking, Lifting up to 20lbs, Carrying up to 20lbs, Gross Motor Skills, Color Recognition and Far Vision. Further, the position requires Occasional Sitting, Reaching, Crouching, Crawling, Climbing, Kneeling, Bending, Lifting up to 70lbs, Carrying up to 70lbs, Pushing and Pulling.
The position involves the following Environmental Factors: Working outside, Working inside, Working alone, Working closely with others, Excessive cold/heat, Excessive humidity/dampness, Noise/Vibrations, Working above ground, Working with chemicals/detergents/cleaners, Working around fumes/smoke/gases, Walking on uneven surfaces, Motorized equipment or vehicles, Working around machinery or moving equipment. Must be able to work at various heights on ladders, man-lifts, roofs, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
In applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read the above Position Guidelines and Position Analysis/Specifications and testify that I am able to perform the essential job functions for this position.