We are looking for Team Members who exemplify the Core Values of Portfolio Hotels & Resorts:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about your business
- Enthusiastically reimagine and innovate
SUMMARY:The Restaurant Server is primarily responsible for serving guests, table and dining room clean up, and providing support in all areas of the restaurant. S/He will promote a safe and welcoming working environment to achieve maximum guest satisfaction. The Restaurant Server will work with the Restaurant Manager/Assistant Restaurant Manager and fellow staff members to ensure maximum efficiency.
The Restaurant Server shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture and Portfolio Hotels & Resorts' Core Values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs dining room set-up and side work duties.
- Maintains assertive hospitality, and up sells customers by communicating thorough product knowledge.
- Serves guests according to established procedures.
- Participates in table and dining room clean up.
- Computes guest checks, operates the computerized cash register system, and accepts payments.
- Reports tips for each pay period.
- Maintains dining room safety and sanitation.
- Punches in, signs in, and reports to the Restaurant Manager/Assistant Restaurant Manager on time and in full uniform for each shift. Obtains Manager's approval prior to punching out.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager/Assistant Restaurant Manager.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Server experience preferred, but not necessary
- Knowledge of basic restaurant service and pleasant attitude
- Neat, clean, person with strong desire to serve people
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional guest-focus
- Fluency in other languages beneficial
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have exceptional communication skills
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be detail-oriented and work well under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with employees
- Possess strong motivational, organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other staff members of the organization and hospitality community
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages and ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to address customer personalities in various business situations.
- Able to stand for 8 hours
- Able to walk about the kitchen and restaurant area
- Able to lift at least 20 pounds
- Able to safely lift and carry restaurant objects
- Noise level is usually moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and perform other work-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.