Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
- Preparation of basic components using recipes set by the Executive Chef
- Weigh and measure ingredients for cooking
- Able to work broil and/or pantry station
- Prepare a variety of foods including meat, seafood, poultry, vegetable and cold food items
- Prepare sauces and garnishes for assigned stations
- Memorize and utilize our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures used in the kitchen.
- Ensure that the kitchen, all food prep areas and all food storage areas meet hygiene standards.
- Cover, date and correctly store all food items as per safe food-handling procedures
- Inform chef in advance of likely shortages
- Work with team of cooks to do portion prep work for other shifts when needed.
- Serve food in keeping with the standards of establishment
- Ensure the correct temperature of food to make it attractive and tasty
- Taste all food items for quality purpose before serving
- Use food preparation tools in accordance with manufactures instructions
- Close the kitchen correctly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations
- Maintain an organized and sanitized work area at all times
- Make sure all storage areas are tidy and all products are stored appropriately
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Complete other duties assigned by the Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef
Licenses & Certifications