Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewAssist leadership in the day to day maintenance operations of the property, coordinate work schedules for staff, assign work orders, projects, and preventive maintenance tasks; inventory, maintain, and order parts; follow up on assigned work, review daily work logs, work with the crew as required. On own and with the help of the entire staff: gather, collect, and solicit work, tasks, repair items, and work orders; sort and prioritize the information; make sure the required parts and materials are available and if not, requisition and order them. Perform maintenance tasks, general maintenance, complete assigned work and help in the maintenance and repairs of all areas of the property.Essential Functions
- Maintain the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Manage adequate inventory of parts, supplies, tools and material for the department
- Must be able to respond to emergency situations, such as fire alarms, and other life-safety situations
- Maintain a working knowledge of all federal, state, local laws, codes, and regulations
- Conducts walk-through and visually assesses the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structures of the property, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment
- Perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas
- Receive daily work assignments and review priorities and special projects
- Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program
- Perform electrical, HVAC, plumbing, painting, and carpentry work orders as needed
- Assist other engineering personnel as instructed by Manager in regards to routine and preventive maintenance