A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the worlds' finest hotels. The Group operates luxury hotels in key leisure and business destinations. In total Mandarin Oriental employs 9,000 colleagues in three continents with 10 hotels in Asia, seven in North America and three in Europe.
It is the mission and intent of this position that the Residential Concierge will keep the Residences' perspective in mind at all times and carry out the mission of the Hotel and Residences at all times.
Scope of Position
The Residential Concierge is responsible for providing 5 star services to all Residents and colleagues.
The Residential Concierge reports directly to the Manager of Residences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Major responsibilities
- Offer a warm, sincere and personalized welcome to all Residents.
- Create special conversations with Residents, which identify personal preferences in order to record in each Resident's s profile history.
- Maintain a daily sheet (via software) of all requests, reservations and confirmations for residents.
- To be aware of all daily events in the hotel and large conventions in the city.
- Arrange tickets for theatre, sporting events and local attractions, make and confirm dining reservations
- Communicate all important details to management and colleagues
- Maintain a clean, neat and organized desk
- Act as a guide when guests ask for direction and physically assist them to their destination within the hotel
- Provide clear directions for all residents and their guests travelling outside the hotel
- Respond to all resident needs and requests
- Other projects as assigned by the management of the Hotel
Requirement on Core Competencies
The incumbent will require the following personal attributes:
- Delighting our Residents
- Awareness and sensitivity to the concept of luxury and quality
- Responsive and genuine with guests and colleagues
- Confident with guest interactions
- Working with Colleagues
- Able to read and write English
- Is culturally sensitive
- Listens to fellow colleagues
- Is co-operative and committed to the MOHG Mission
- Promoting a Climate of Enthusiasm
- Has energy and drive
- Has a sense of urgency for guest requests
- Communicates clearly
- Open to feedback and learning
- Being the Best
- Delivering Shareholder Value
- Achievement and goal oriented
- Is positive
- Able to communicate alternative and positive solutions to problems
- Adaptable and suitable to change
- Seeks continuous improvement opportunities
- Committed to the overall MOHG mission
- Playing by the Rules
- Acting with Responsibility
- Operates ethically
- High level of personal integrity
- Balances needs of guests and colleagues
- Establishes self-accountability
- Accepts feedback and coaching
- Able to communicate written and spoken English
- Excellent overall communication skills
- Able to multi-task
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be professional and possess excellent presentation, communication, organization, and effective time management skills
- Must have very strong knowledge of the restaurants, bars, nightclubs, theatres, shows and attractions in Boston.
- Flexible schedules and hours, willingness to work on weekends & holidays is required.
- Previous luxury hotel Concierge experience
- Multi-lingual is preferred
Basic Function: To supervise residential staff and coordinate both external and building-related services.
Job Location: Residential Lobby/Concierge Desk. The Residential Concierge is primarily located at the Concierge Desk, where they stand, primarily, unless sitting to utilize their workspace.
- Coordinate all in-house residential services to include, but not limited to: package and newspaper delivery, dog walking, car washing/detailing, message taking, plant watering, etc.
- To properly have radio at all times. It is important that one always monitor the radio communication, and always respond back to the caller, confirming that the message(s) has been received.
- To maintain an updated and current resident file for each home, which includes service information, legal records and warranty work requests. Service information should include telephone numbers and mailing addresses for additional residences, both personal and professional, as well as emergency contacts and special service requests.
- To be acquainted with all Residents and regular visitors, and to greet them by name whenever possible, in a polite, professional and personable manner. Wherever necessary, the Residential Concierge should stand and greet all individuals.
- To maintain a current listing of vendors, including, but not limited to: babysitting, housekeeping, pet care, florists, pantry stocking, laundry and dry cleaning, catering, auto repair, locksmiths, travel agencies, business support services, theatre and sporting event tickets, limousine reservations, maintenance, personal trainers, massage therapists, etc. and coordinate Resident's use of all such services.
- To provide security and properly log and announce all visitors, as directed both by Management and Residents. The Residential Lobby is only accessible to the Residents and their chosen visitors; all others, including private contractors and delivery companies, need to be directed elsewhere, whether to the Loading Dock or to another location.
- To keep all informational databases updated and current at all times.
- To facilitate Residents' use of hotel services.
- To properly expedite the pickup and delivery of FedEx and UPS packages, utilizing stated shipping/receiving procedures.
- To be familiar with the 776-778 Boylston Primary and Secondary Condominium Documents, especially the "Rules and Regulations", and assist in enforcing them properly and professionally.
- To properly record, coordinate and communicate all deliverie(ref. 49058)