A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Do you enjoy hospitality industry, where no detail is overlooked and cleanliness and comfort are very important attributes towards guests' experience? Are you a team-oriented individual who thrives in a variety filled environment? Do you lead by example by driving quality and paying attention to the details?
If yes, Vista Collina Resort, Napa's newest luxury destination, has the ideal high-profile position for an exciting person like you!
Nestled amongst the rolling hills of Napa, Vista Collina Resort ushers in a new way to discover Wine Country. With thoughtful, Tuscan-style décor, a tasting Village, a locally-sourced, artisanal market, and a spacious community lawn for picnic, play and private concerts, Vista Collina isn't simply a resort in Napa. It is Napa at its finest.
Supervises Laundry staff to ensure cleanliness, service and product quality standards of laundry facilities are met and goals for the laundry department are achieved. Builds and supervises teams effectively.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Trains and coaches laundry staff in specific laundry job tasks and in completion of daily schedules. Conducts new team member training.
- Monitors production levels and turnaround time and reports on a daily basis. Maintains sufficient inventory of supplies and equipment and orders as needed. Participates in weekly/monthly inventories.
- Ensures laundry is completed as scheduled and linen inventory is restocked to meet demand.
- Ensures the laundry area is kept clean and equipment is maintained. Notifies manager of needed equipment maintenance or problems. Ensures lint is removed from the dryers every two hours.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior
- Must wear non-slip, oil-resistant shoes. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains strict compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Monitors Laundry systems and equipment maintenance resulting in optimum department performance.
- Develops work schedules and coordinates staff work assignments in conjunction with Housekeeping management.
- Provides input for team member selection and performance reviews.
- Supplements team's efforts by assisting with department services (i.e. laundry and housekeeping) as needed.
- Returns any items found in guest rooms, hallways, or back of the house to the Housekeeping department and logs appropriate information such as the date, where it was found, description of the item, and the name of the person who found it.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any rooms or equipment and any accidents.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- One to two years increasingly responsible laundry experience in hotel environment required. Prior supervisory experience desired.
- Requires ability to lead others in the department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Ability to monitor labor as required by anticipating business activity while ensuring that positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail. Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- May be required to possess a valid Drivers License for the appropriate class of vehicle with good driving record and prior experience operating box truck and lift gate.
- Requires ability to learn and use computer systems used at the hotel.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, team members, guests and the general public. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to communicate with management, team members and guests. Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Must complete training on proper disposal/handling of sharps, such as needles, and follow proper procedures. Completes all required training as scheduled.
- Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
Special Skills & Abilities/Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of the job the team member regularly stands and walks for sustained periods of time. Works at a quick pace. The team member frequently grasps objects. The team member regularly reaches by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction while performing the essential functions of the job. The team member frequently stoops and crouches. The team member frequently talks when communicating with guests and housekeeping/laundry staff. The team member frequently needs to hear voices while interacting with guests and staff. Many aromas and smells are present in the laundry, guest rooms and other h otel areas. Balance is frequently required to prevent falling when walking, standing while moving or carrying furniture or equipment. The team member frequently pushes and pulls furniture or equipment. Lifting is regularly required to move, clean or prepare rooms. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects such as carts, furniture and linens. The team member is required to have close visua
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.