POSITION SUMMARY The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week.
The Housekeeping Houseperson cleans hallways, elevators, service areas, stairwells and public areas in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting. Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations. Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Receive assignments, priority requests, keys and supplies from Housekeeping management.Review assignments, retrieve and stock caddie/cart to ensure all supplies are available to properly clean.Turn in keys, properly store and secure caddie/cart and unused supplies at end of shift.
- Walk all assigned spaces at beginning and end of shift.Remove newspapers, service trays, empty ash receptacles, remove trash and/or linens and note any areas that require immediate cleaning.
- Clean public areas in accordance with policies, procedures and brand standards.Clean hallways, elevators, service areas, stairwells, etc.Perform quality check on public space televisions, telephones and lamps.
- Remove soiled linen, towels and trash and place in appropriate locations in the prescribed manner.
- Assist housekeepers with portable refrigerators, rollaway beds, cribs etc. as needed.
- Proper use of cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Respond to and resolve housekeeping requests and complaints by guests.
- Prompt reports to management of all emergencies, injuries, missing articles, damage, mechanical problems and safety hazards.
- Prompt turn in to housekeeping management of all articles left in public spaces for entry into Lost and Found.
- On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Report incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Comply with policies and procedures.Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures.W
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Any other duties / tasks as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
High school education or related experience. Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Ability to understand and comply with proper cleaning techniques, procedures and brand standards. Ability to operate a vacuum, mop and properly use cleaning equipment and supplies. Ability to timely complete assigned tasks, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters. Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures. Ability to operate a lamp, coffee maker, phone, TV and other public space equipment. Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient. Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.
Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
Physical work is a primary part of job. Work is normally performed in an interior hotel environment with clean supplies, equipment and machines. The work involves exposure to extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises. The exposure to hazards or physical risks requires following basic safety precautions and use of applicable protective equipment. Physical requirements include extended standing and walking, climbing, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling and lifting up to 50 lbs. While performing job duties, the associate is required to speak, listen and write. The job requires close vision with or without corrective lenses.