At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Inspiring ways to “Bee the Difference” with every guest and employee interaction. We’ve created a place where YOU feel at home with an excellent working environment that encourages our “Bee the Difference” Culture. We provide benefits for Fulltime employees such as; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability and recently adding Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance.
Company 401 k and Employee Assistance Program is available to ALL employees including complimentary lunch, uniforms, and a continuous education opportunity with our Grove Graduate Program.
Our NEW destination. Yours to discover.
The Grove Resort & Spa, where we have perfected the art of meeting your high expectations
BASIC FUNCTION: Acts as the Manager on Duty (MOD) in the absence of the General Manager and Executive Committee. The role of the Overnight Hotel Manager is to ensure the satisfaction and safety of guests and employees, their property and the property of the resort. Demonstrates a high level of visibility in the front of the house, initiating direct contact with guests. Monitors service levels throughout the resort. Responds to and coordinates activities in all emergency situations. Ensures guest experiences are memorable.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
v College degree preferred
v Minimum of three (3) years hotel management experience in an upscale full service hotel or resort, preferably in at least one of the following areas:
- Front Office
- Restaurant Operations
- Security Department
v Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills (in English), and a high-energy level are required, as well as CPR certification.
v Excellent customer service skills and problem solving abilities.
v Strong leadership ability
v Strong computer skills
v Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgement
v Work well in stressful, high pressure situations
v Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
v Multilingual preferred
- Responsible for the overall operation of the resort during the overnight hours, ensuring operations run smoothly and efficiently in all departments.
- Provide leadership, training and motivation for the overnight staff while ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Make regular rounds of all operating departments ensuring guest service delivery, cleanliness, security and efficiency.
- Monitor and assess service and satisfaction trends, soliciting guest feedback regarding resort facilities and services and taking corrective action to solve deficiencies.
- Meet and greet guests and respond to guest needs and/or concerns, handling to resolution. Ensure total guest satisfaction and escalate any outstanding guest inquiry or concern that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Assist in operational areas as needed.
- Coordinate and resolve emergency situations.
- Conduct daily resort and unit inspections to ensure housekeeping and maintenance standards are met.
- Maintain safety and security of the resort for guests, owners, and employees.
- Provide written documentation of issues and activities from shift to the General Manager, Executive Committee and Front Office Manager.
- Attend all scheduled meetings where presence is required.
- Comply with all company policies and standard operating procedures.
- Participate in property recognition programs.
- Encourage and model a professional and Bee the Difference attitude at all times.
- Perform other duties as needed.
ENVIRONMENT: Office setting, with overhead lighting and comfortable ventilation.
Shift: This is an overnight positon, most likely 10:45pm-7:15am.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V