Morgans HoteI Group is proud to be a perpetual pioneer in the hospitality industry. Founded in New York City in 1984, Morgans is recognized worldwide as the originator of the boutique hotel concept. By constantly refining basic ideas and always striving to reinvent the hotel experience, Morgans Hotel Group has created a number of breakthrough concepts that have revolutionized the industry. With twelve properties in its worldwide portfolio, Morgans is a market-leader that is poised for growth. Our design-driven approach to reinventing the traditional hotel space has made Morgans a sought after brand for guests and owners alike. Join our trend-setting team of top operators whose driving purpose is to create engaging and dynamic guest experiences for all who enter!
Under the general guidance of the Front Office Manager and Assistant Front Desk Managers, assist in ensuring delivery and retrieval of luggage to all guests in a courteous, timely and professional manner.
Essential Duties & Functions:
* Greet arriving guests and retrieve their luggage
* Escort guests to their rooms, explain the room facilities, and sell the hotel’s various outlets (restaurant, bar, spa)
* Deliver luggage, messages, faxes, packages etc. for guests and to undertake various other requests in order to ensure their comfort
* Transport departing guests’ luggage from the room to the lobby, ensuring that the guest has verified that all luggage has been accounted for
* Ensure that luggage has been stored safely according to prescribed procedures
* Ensure that the luggage storage area is kept clean and tidy at all times
* Inform guests with savvy knowledge of hotel, its services, the city, and local ‘happenings’
* Be fully aware of what functions are going on in the hotel
* Provide gracious, attentive, and friendly service
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills:
* High School Diploma or equivalent required
* One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
* Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
* Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
* Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
* Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
* Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
* Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 150 pounds without assistance
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
* Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
* Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. This job description reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in light of the changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the job holder and the job description amended according to the business needs. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor. �This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will employment relationship.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel which may include evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays. �The employee will carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the line manager or Head of Department/Division.
The employee will actively follow MHG policies including Equal Opportunities policies and will maintain an awareness and observation of Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.