A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Are you an enthusiastic individual who enjoys a variety filled environment? Are you team - oriented and have high sense of urgency? Are you cooperative and quality driven?
If yes, Vista Collina Resort, Napa's newest luxury destination, has the ideal high-profile position for an exciting person like you!
Nestled amongst the rolling hills of Napa, Vista Collina Resort ushers in a new way to discover Wine Country. With thoughtful, Tuscan-style décor, a tasting village, a locally-sourced, artisanal market, and a spacious community lawn for picnic, play and private concerts, Vista Collina isn't simply a resort in Napa. It is Napa at its finest.
Provides warm and welcoming experience for all guests and visitors. Greets arriving and departing guests and assists with luggage and parking. Guides guests to room and explains features of room. Delivers messages, packages, suitcases, etc. Picks up articles for laundry and valet service. Answers questions about the hotel, hotel amenities, and local area attractions. Resolves guest concerns and provides professional service to gain high level of guest confidence and satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Greets and opens door for arriving/departing guests and assists with loading/unloading baggage.
- Opens doors and assists guests/visitors entering and leaving property. Monitors and directs personal and commercial vehicle traffic on property, including guest vehicles, taxi cabs, limousines, and buses, to ensure vehicles are legally parked and to maintain a smooth and efficient flow of traffic.
- Escorts incoming hotel guests to rooms and explains features of room. Provides information/answers questions about available services and facilities, points of interest, and entertainment attractions. Delivers luggage for arriving guests and picks up luggage of departing guests. Assists with luggage storage.
- Parks vehicles efficiently and properly tags the vehicle with accurate guest information. Maintains security of vehicles and vehicle keys. Communicates parking procedures to guests/visitors.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
- Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior
- Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes self with current MSDS.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Transports guests about premises or local areas in car/van or motorized cart.
- Delivers messages and runs errands. Picks up articles for laundry and valet service. Calls taxi for guests.
- Monitors and maintains safety, security, and cleanliness of parking areas/levels, and reports any vehicles/safety hazards, unauthorized personnel, or potential security problems to the manager/supervisor.
- Posts charges to group accounts according to procedures to ensure any fees are captured correctly.
- Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any equipment and any accidents.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including 11pm-7am.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- One to three months related experience and/or training.
- Requires ability to serve needs of guest through use of the phone, computer and face-to-face interactions as well as proper and careful use of guest vehicles. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Requires ability to perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Requires ability to learn and use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel. Working knowledge and skills of computer operation required. Requires ability to learn and explain use of internet, telephone systems, voice messaging and other room/hotel amenities of interest to guests.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
- Requires valid drivers' license in good standing with clean driving record. Requires ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Completes required training as scheduled.
About Our Company:
Pacific Hospitality Group (PHG) has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success. PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts primarily located in California. Visit our website http://www.pacifichospitality.com for a listing of our properties.
Vista Collina Resort is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.