Overlook Restaurant + Bar Bartender
The Summit, a Dolce Hotel
Location: US - OH - Cincinnati
As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com/.
Located less than ten miles from downtown Cincinnati, The Summit is set to usher in a new era of style and sophistication in the Queen City. The anchor of $124 million mixed-use development on the campus of MedPace, the 239-room hotel will delight guests with a contemporary, Cincinnati-centric art collection; modern Fitness Center with yoga studio; and well-stocked library. Chefs and mixologists will oversee an innovative program highlighted by fresh, seasonal ingredients with a culinary nod to the region’s German heritage.
The Summit offers up a refreshing dose of local color and flavor, and promises a unique Cincinnati experience for passionate travelers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Bartenderto work at the art-centric Summit Hotel in Cincinnati. This position is responsible for providing all guests at the hotel with an entertaining and enjoyable experience, through quality service, in the most efficient manner at all times in the preparation of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage orders according to specified recipes and standards.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Performs complete bar setup, including ice, garnish, glassware, etc.
- Welcomes and greets all customers in the bar in a courteous, helpful manner and by name.
- Ensures all customers have proper I.D. and are over 21 years of age.
- Follows alcohol awareness procedures for preventing intoxication and deals with intoxicated guests.
- Knows all drink recipes, wines by the glass, and menu and prices to effectively promote to guests.
- Performs duties in accordance with established company policies for drink size, recipe, and proper glassware.
- Mixes all orders for alcoholic beverages, using appropriate glassware / stemware.
- High school education, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Must have at least 2 years of previous bartending experience.
- Must be able to be TIPS certified upon hiring.
- Must meet state minimum age for serving alcoholic beverages.
- Requires knowledge of beer, wine, and spirits as well as their preparation and presentation keeping updated on new and revised beverage recipes.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner.
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers in English.
- Cash handling and customer service experience preferred.
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Dedicated to exceeding service standards and providing services and standards to the highest caliber.
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.