Carmel Valley Ranch
Outside Service Attendant
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
Housekeeper, Valet, Bellperson
For us, hotels aren't simply places to sleep, they're places where dreams are born.
We encourage our employees to make their mark while giving back to their communities and saving the environment.
Job OverviewThis position will handle financial transactions for golfers on golf course, including merchandise sales, answer telephones, schedule tee times, and handle questions relating to golf. They will play an integral role in membership retention. Responsible to issue and process returns of golf carts and rental equipment to and from golfers ensuring that all returns are checked and correctly documented. They will monitor and maintain the driving range and practice areas, re-stocking golf balls as required.Essential Functions
- Maintains an exceptional golf experience for members and guests Takes starting times and legibly enter daily tee sheet or in the computer
- Sign up golfers and take greens and cart fees
- Sell golf merchandise
- Control play going on the course when the starter is not being used
- Provide all pertinent information to the golfer concerning the day’s conditions of play (e.g. carts on paths, golf course work) and directions on where they are going
- Responsible for financial records and accounting functions necessary to open and close and comply with administrative needs
- When not busy at the counter, help police the area and restock the counters with merchandise and help sell golf merchandise
- Develop an atmosphere of professional friendliness
- Recognize the guest as soon as they enter the golf shop
- Basic knowledge of the game of golf required
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions (rain, wind, snow, cold, sun & heat)
- Ability to handle computer systems such as P.O.S