Located one block from the famed Santa Monica Pier and on the edge of the Pacific Ocean, Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel is one of Los Angeles' most celebrated beachfront hotels. After a comprehensive update to our guestrooms, suites, lobby lounge and pool, our exhilarating beach escape is the perfect place to soak up some sun, enjoy a healthy dose of relaxation, or catch a magnificent sunset. With 347 spacious guestrooms and suites, two restaurants and lounges, an eco-conscious spa and wellness center, and proximity to Santa Monica's premier attractions, Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel is the ideal basecamp for all your Santa Monica and greater Los Angeles adventures.
The Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel is seeking an Outlets Manager to join our team. Responsible for all aspects of the three-meal restaurant, pool, and lounge areas by providing continuous leadership and guidance in matters relating to the guest's dining/beverage experience, employee development and day to day management, and assist in executing the creative direction of these outlets. This position will be responsible for the maintenance and continued development of the menus, service, and outlets appearance. Additional responsibilities include staffing, training, scheduling of employees, planning, organizing, directing and coordinating department activities to ensure guest expectations are exceeded at all times.
More specifically, responsibilities include:
- Oversees the related outlets to ensure optimal efficiency and performance of department.
- Ensures compliance of all accounting standards related to but not limited to: cash handling, payroll, inventories, food and beverage policies and procedures.
- Ensures proper staffing levels are maintained in all related work areas.
- Oversees food and beverage activities to ensure appropriate service standards according to Loews established guidelines, and AAA standards.
- Ensures on going training and development programs are in place and are being executed.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Management experience in Food and Beverage Division with sufficient knowledge of food and beverage service of at least four years of management.
- Extensive knowledge of customer service based training and follow-up with staff.
- Knowledgeable in Windows, MS-Excel and MS-Word software operating systems and applications.
- Ability to coordinate training to Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel and Loews Corporate standards for the related food and beverage areas.
- Effective management, leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V