For us, hotels aren't simply places to sleep, they're places where dreams are born.
We encourage our employees to make their mark while giving back to their communities and saving the environment.
Job OverviewThis position will be responsible for our farm to table vegetable garden which incorporates the concept of gardening naturally and organically in alignment with nature. This individual can work on their own schedule, in conjunction with the needs of the Executive Chef, using organic gardening techniques such as healthy soil building, companion planting, herbal pest sprays, and crop rotation.Essential Functions
- Organic and sustainable gardening
- The maintenance of healthy soil and mechanical and natural methods for insect control
- The use of natural fertilizers
- Must be able to work unsupervised
- Must have a pleasant personality and be open to talking about or teaching organic gardening techniques to our members and their guests and family
- Maintain a clean and safe work area adhering to food safety and health standards
- Handles and cleans kitchen equipment carefully and safely to prevent damage or injury
- Perform other kitchen duties as required
- A minimum formal education of a high school diploma
- Excellent customer service focus and communication skills
- Ability to interpret/extract information and/or perform arithmetic functions
- Ability to work under pressure and take initiative in a fast paced environment