aloft Long Island City
Location: US - NY - Long Island City
REPORTS TO: General Manager and Vice President of Operations or Regional Operations Director
SUPERVISES DIRECTLY: Hotel Management Staff
SUPERVISES DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY: All property associates, vendors, consultants, service providers
Purpose for the Position: To assist the property general manager in the supervision of the overall operation, sales and marketing, and fiscal operations for the hotel, with a priority focused on the front of the house operations and housekeeping. Duties include but are not limited to, physical asset management, maintenance and overall upkeep, budgeting assistance; costs analysis; payroll and staffing guide control and compliance; sales activities and booking policies (if assigned); yield management in manners that maximize the revenue generation and resulting profits; motivating, training and retaining associates; communications with ownership and management company and any other duties assigned by the General Manager and are required for the day-to-day management and oversight consistent with the expectations for any first class hotel operation.
Essential Responsibilities: Provides professional and courteous service at all times.
- Provide the Revenue Management Department with information that includes a market analysis of competitors' rates by market segment for week day and weekend, and a forecast of local market conditions and special events that may impact occupancy and/or rate.
- Support sales efforts as directed by the Regional Vice President and the corporate sales staff.
- Ensure that sales, front office and reservation staffs are kept informed of rate structure, and know how to implement yield management policies and procedures. Train front desk staff to successfully perform all front office operations, and revenue management and central reservations procedures. Train front desk staff to successfully perform selling techniques and procedures for current promotions.
- Use assigned franchise revenue management system to achieve maximum revenue.
- Be able to assist the general manager and department heads to produce the annual budget by forecasting changes in operating expenses and labor cost.
- Use business forecasts to manage costs by scheduling labor in accordance with staffing guidelines, control other expenses in accordance with business demand levels, and control utility expenses in accordance with energy management and building operations standards.
- Based on forecasted monthly revenue, adjust controllable expenses to maintain profit margins and achieve planned monthly GOP and NOI (EBIDTA). Explain the causes for budget variances of controllable expenses, take corrective action to avoid future occurrences and adjust spending to eliminate variances.
- Protect the company's financial assets by properly administering company policies and procedures for handling cash, credit card, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and all other financial transactions in the absence of the general manager. Also, properly administer company policies and procedures for protecting the safety of guests and associates.
- Receive satisfactory scores for internal audits and take action to correct any deficiencies.
- Execute company policies and procedures for purchasing.
- Train staff to successfully perform guest service procedures in accordance with company standards (e.g., greeting, scripts, pre-assignment of rooms, etc.).
- Train staff to successfully perform all functions for guest service and for handling upset guest who are dissatisfied with the products and services they received. Personally handle difficult situations involving upset guests. Attempt to resolve all issues of poor guest service before guests leave the property. Personally respond to guest complaint letters and comment cards in accordance with company standards.
- Manage the 100% guarantee process (if applicable) in accordance with standards, and eliminate service issues that result in repeated invocations of the guarantee.
- Manage the franchise frequent guest program (guest rewards program) in accordance with franchise / company policies and procedures.
- Receive satisfactory scores from franchise or independent satisfaction surveys, (OSAT, GSS, GSI, SALT, Medalia) and RHG's mystery shopper program, and take action to correct any deficiencies.
- Recruit, select, train, motivate and manage associates whom you have been assigned to deliver guest services and quality products that will lead to achieving goals for revenue and profit.
- Properly administer company policies and procedures for human resources management, payroll administration, personnel transactions and fair treatment of associates. Conduct wage surveys to provide input to annual budget and to ensure that the hotel is offering competitive wages.
- When assigned potential management candidates and trainees, assist in the training and development of these candidates in accordance with Human Resources programs and guidelines.
- Provide leadership by conducting business in a professional manner and in accordance with all company policies including standards of conduct, business ethics and conflicts of interest.
- Receive satisfactory scores for associate satisfaction surveys and take corrective action to correct any deficiencies. Maintain acceptable levels of associate turnover.
- Ensure a satisfactory guest experience and protect the company's physical assets by maintaining the physical condition of the hotel in accordance with established quality control standards.
- Provide input to the annual capital budget (CAPEX), then assist the management team to manage the implementation within company guidelines and fiscal parameters of owner approved plan and budget. All CAPEX plans must consider franchise standard compliance, safety and security for guests and associates, projects providing profitable returns on investment.
- Manage the preventative maintenance and quick fix programs in accordance with company standards.
- Receive satisfactory scores for product quality as measured by franchise or independent inspection results and mystery shopper program, and take action to correct any deficiencies.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or Business Degree. Equivalent experience is acceptable.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years as a Rooms Executive or 5 years in a supervisory role in a first class hotel operation.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing and spreadsheets. Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have good analytical skills and decision-making ability.
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task, prioritizing as appropriate.< /li>
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must be physically and visually able to utilize the computer.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods at a time.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication ability.
- Flexible in work hours/days. Must be able to travel.
- Must respond to multiple task interruptions in order to provide service to internal and external customers.