There’s no one else like us. Wyndham Hotel Group is the world’s largest and most diverse hotel business, with a global portfolio of nearly 8,000 hotels and approximately 683,300 rooms in 73 countries. We’re a hospitality powerhouse, with 16 iconic brands united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, Wyndham Rewards. Offering members a simple-to-use, generous points earning structure along with a flat, free night redemption rate – the first of its kind for a major rewards program, Wyndham Rewards® offers members the chance to earn and redeem points for hundreds of rewards options around the world every day.
Wyndham Hotel Group's Managed Hotel Division is seeking an Operations Manager with a proven track record of success in the Extended Stay Market at the
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Farmington Hills in Farmington Hills, MI
The Operations Manager is responsible for continually focusing on achieving hotel profitability through revenue generation, cost control, guest satisfaction and developing employees, while maintaining the integrity of the hotel.
· Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests, management, vendors and other employees.
· Attends weekly staff meetings, including weekly training sessions presented by managers and self-using the steps to effective training according to Wyndham standards.
· Develop employees for future advancement through competency training and corporate sponsored training programs as assigned by Supervisor.
· Adhere to all Wyndham policies and procedures and train new employees to ensure compliance.
· Assists in the Wyndham’s budget process as required.
· Ensure that training in service standards is taking place in each department using the steps to effective training according to Wyndham standards.
· Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment which focuses on the guest, through employee development and motivation.
· Inspect rooms regularly (weekly at a minimum) with both the Housekeeping Supervisor and Property Engineer.
· Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with department managers.