We believe in the importance of recognizing and rewarding outstanding performance, and last year, over 58% of our management team were promoted from within! TMI Hospitality Hospitality offers endless opportunities and growth potential throughout our more than 220 hotels across the United States. At TMI Hospitality we take pride as owners and are driven to be the best in the industry!
To be a great leader, you need great people behind you - well trained, goal oriented and energetic. People that emanate a sense of ownership. If you're looking for a fresh approach to your career, apply now. After all, you deserve the best!
• Performance - You are an impression maker. You are here to make a difference by impressing our guests. You are here to help and do your best every day for our guests and team members.
• Teamwork - Do your best to make the job easier for those you work with and understand that your job is part of a greater team's effort to be the best it can be.
• Adaptability - Willingness to learn and accept change for your personal growth and the growth of your team members.
• Attention to Detail - Pay attention to detail and know that even the little things can make a difference.
The Operations Manager is responsible for coordinating the activities of hotel staff as directed and provides support to the General Manager.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for completing required franchise and TMI standards training and staying current on all updates/changes to standards, policies, and processes.
• Works with and ensures compliance with all guidelines for operations, including front desk, housekeeping, maintenance and food service.
• Conducts monthly department meetings to review new procedures and solicit input from all team members.
• Handles and provides resolution to guest complaints and team member issues.
• Assigns duties to team members and subordinates and observes performance to ensure adherence to hotel and franchise policies and established operating procedures.
• Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
• Ensures property hiring practices comply with all state and federal requirements.
• Performs functions of the General Manager in his or her absence.
• Available 24/7 with reliable transportation.
• Directly supervises staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems
• Other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of an Associate's degree preferred and six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid driver's license required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Requires the ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
• Strong management skills; ability to appropriately assign/delegate work and authority to others in the accomplishment of goals; provides coaching, advice, and assistance as required; helps subordinates overcome obstacles and deal with problems; appropriately assesses contributions and performance of team members; provides appropriate recognition, and deals with problems as they arise. Instills in others a sense of pride in the job at hand.
• Ability to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
• Ability to manage difficult guest situations; responds promptly to guest needs, solicits guest feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated positive customer service skills, and ability to relate to people of varying ages and backgrounds.
• Ability to show flexibility in response to change and adapt to and accommodate new methods and procedures.
• Knowledge of safety management principles; federal and state OSHA regulations.
• Ability to present and express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to audience, whether verbal or written.
• The ability to foster commitment, team spirit and trust.
• Ability to develop and evaluate alternative courses of action; make decisions based on correct assumptions concerning resources and guidelines; define and implements solutions to problems; and recognize when no action is required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to meet the demands of the work schedule, to be at work and on time. Will require the ability to work outside of regularly scheduled hours. Schedules may vary based on business need.