Business Unit: WHG
Oracle Position Title: Operations Manager
Working Position Title: Operations Manager
Department: Guest Services
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reports to: General Manager
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for an experienced Operations Manager to work at our beautiful Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham property in Farmington Hills. The Rooms Manager is responsible for the oversight of the hotel’s housekeeping and guest services departments. The scope of the responsibility will include, but not be limited to, the involvement in overseeing all administrative, accounting, property guest service, property housekeeping, associate development and other such functions as required for the two disciplines. The Operations Manager will ensure the successful implementation and performance as outlined by company standards and ensure the departments hit key measurable within standards and budgetary guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the guest services and housekeeping departments.
• Supervise the front desk and housekeeping staff on a daily basis, meeting the needs of the owners and covering varying schedules, forecasts and schedules weekly staffing levels, participates in unit inspections daily to ensure standards are upheld.
• Maintain positive customer and associate relationships.
• Hire, train, motivate, recognize, coach and develop guest service and housekeeping associates through implementation of incentives and training plans.
• Ensure proper staffing and scheduling for maximum productivity.
• Control payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
• Communicate priorities to staff through daily and weekly meetings, ensures the guest satisfaction levels meet the goals for the site, and identify areas of process improvement to ensure efficient processing for the team.
• Responsible for guest service expectations.
• Manage strict room inventory to achieve highest possible room occupancy percentage.
• Manage guest accounts to ensure correct rates are being applied, appropriate rate authorization is obtained where necessary, and a method of payment is being received.
• Review incoming groups to ensure all blocking needs and front office requirements are met and relay information to appropriate staff, ensure all guest resolutions are achieved and responded concerns responded to.
• Support audit standards by owning and managing the internal audit process.
• Manage and support all financial aspects of the department.
• Prepare annual department budget by identifying areas of cost reductions, operational improvements, explanation of variances and analysis of expense data.
• Performs other duties as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications
• Two to five years progressive experience in a hotel or a related field.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of associates and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by associates and guests.
• Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines regularly.
• Approach all encounters with guests and associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
• Successful experience in various hotel operations.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Long hours sometimes required.
• Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to ten pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
Wyndham Hotel Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)