Pillar Hotels & Resorts is one of the largest independent management companies in the United States and an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services.
As the Operations Manager, you will fill a key leadership role with an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services. You will oversee and supervise the communication and workflow between the guest services' department and back of the house operations to include housekeeping and maintenance. Previous guest services, housekeeping and maintenance experience preferably in a select service hotel is essential. Your experience and expertise will focus on maximizing profits, developing and retaining employees and exceeding guest expectations.
The ideal Operations Manager candidate will:
- Be experienced in leading a housekeeping team in a multi-unit facility requiring daily cleaning of 50 or more rooms and front office guest services experience.
- Schedules staff’s work schedules and duties according to productivity standards and forecasted occupancy; monitors staff’s adherence to schedules and duties.
- Conducts monthly department meetings to review new procedures and solicit input from all employees.
- Recruits, hires, trains and provides career development for staff; conducts performance evaluations and provides feedback for employees.
- Conducts training classes regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines.
- Actively participates in sales discussions, meetings and plans. Knows key account executives and business base. Knows monthly production levels for each sales person on the staff.
- Responds quickly to guest requests/complaints in a friendly manner. Relays appropriate requests or complaints to appropriate subordinate or manager. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Where Achievement & Responsibility Are Rewarded
At Pillar Hotels and Resorts, achievement and responsibility are rewarded with freedom to do your job. We believe a high-degree of personal freedom leads to a high-degree of personal responsibility, high-energy innovation and high productivity. Pillar Hotels and Resorts values ideas and reward those willing to step forward and help us innovate to deliver better guest service and better financial results.
Pillar Hotels and Resorts is seeking eager Operations Manager candidates with a High school diploma or equivalent and two years’ experience in guest services and housekeeping in a hotel, to include supervisory experience.
Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary performance, strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest and employee centric management practices.
Community, Consistency, Culture and Communication
Having fun helps us keep perspective. If we're happy our guests will be happy. Our core Pillars of strength - Community, Consistency, Culture and Communication - reflect our philosophies and provides the foundation for our phenomenal growth.