Careers and Job Opportunities for Crestline Hotels and Resorts LLC
Crestline -- successfully inspiring hospitality careers. As one of the largest and most well-respected hospitality management companies in the U.S., Crestline attributes its success to its more than 4,000 associates who exemplify our culture of service, forward-looking vision, and the ability to work together in a diverse environment. Since 2000, Crestline has been a preferred hospitality management company for many of the most notable brands including Marriott, Hilton, InterContinental, Hyatt and Starwood, as well as independent, private label hotels and conference centers. Operating in 28 states and the District of Columbia, Crestline's mission is to "exceed guest expectations, provide an engaging and supportive work environment, and deliver financial success and opportunities for our employees, our company and our owners and investors."
Crestline's associates enjoy liberal benefits, exceptional opportunities for growth and advancement, as well as educational opportunities. Crestline is consistently ranked as a top 10 management company - not only for its growth, but for its high operating standards that include optimal results in all areas of the hotel business - from RevPAR performance, to gross operating profit, to quality, to associate opinion surveys, and employee retention.
Whether you are looking to enhance your skills or rise to executive management, Crestline is a hospitality leader that values your work ethic and rewards your contributions. We invite you to consider a career with Crestline.
The Operations Manager is responsible for providing an exceptional experience to every guest while maximizing hotel profitability at the same time. The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that all hotel operations are carried out professionally, to standards and at the highest level of service. The Operations Manager will achieve desired outcomes by planning, implementing and controlling effective departmental strategies that drive results and through assisting in the creation, development and maintenance of a competent, motivated and empowered operations staff. The Operations Manager will effectively lead, train, coach, motivate, engage and provide feedback to all operations staff and supervisors on a daily basis.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Create and execute innovative strategies that will drive the hotel to exceed guest satisfaction and revenues.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the operations team and other hotel departments to ensure guest expectations are always exceeded and hotel operations are always effectively executed.
- Anticipate guests’ and employees’ needs and respond promptly.
- Promote positive guest relations at all times.
- Ensure that the guest experience is pleasant and positive from arrival through departure.
- Analyze GSA scores and comments and enhance positive strategies and develop and execute action plans to eliminate deficiencies.
- Ensure all operations staff and supervisors are properly trained to standards and able to carry out the operations of each department.
- Work closely with department supervisors to develop them both personally and professionally.
- Ensure that all guest complaints regarding service and/or accommodations are investigated and resolved.
- Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Establish standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Review work procedures and operational problems to determine ways to improve service, performance, cleanliness and safety.
- Assist the Assistant General Manager and General Manager with the following employee relations activities: organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, hire new staff, and evaluate employee performance.
- Provide Leadership / Mentoring to operations staff.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all operations department policies/service procedures.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: all hotel features and services, all room types, rates, special package and promotions, daily arrivals / departures / room availability, scheduled in-house group activities, VIPs scheduled, in-house group names, background, activities, locations, and times as well as special requests/arrangements..
- Complete daily walk-through of all operations department areas observing the following and instruct designated personnel to rectify any organization deficiencies:
- Staffing - numbers, appearance, attitude
- Operational cleanliness and maintenance
- Service - appearance, merchandising, attitude
- General crispness, quality and consistency of operation
- Storage areas - organization, cleanliness, inventories and care of equipment
- Review and respond to daily operational demands as it relates to the hotel.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly departmental financial and payroll forecasts.
- Monitor security of public areas of the hotel.
- Establish par levels for supplies and equipment.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting to review information pertinent to day’s business.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or 5 Years’ Work Equivalent Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Computer skills required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office preferred. Experience with hotel information systems is required.