On-Call PM Cook
The Langham, Boston
Location: US - MA - Boston
Boston, MA, US 02110
Purpose of the job
Prepare and cook food for daily operations in accordance to the chefs specifications and Langham standards.
1. Be able to prepare all menu items and adhere to plate presentations.
2. Prepares, seasons, cooks and arranges soups, meats, vegetables, and other food items for consumption in Food & Beverage outlets.
3. Maintains adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensures the proper storage and refrigeration of the same.
4. Ensures spoilage/waste are kept to a minimum by utilizing proper quantities and rotating products.
5. Maintain a clean and well-organized area, included but not limited to, reach-ins, walk-ins, and counters.
6. Advise supervisor of low inventory; assist in receiving items, and taking inventory as required.
7. Responsible for opening and closing checklists for production of daily menu items.
1. Assist the cook 1, or chef de partie, to reach quality standard and time goals.
2. Be able to take direction from multiple people.
Education/ Experience/General requirements/Required physical, mental abilities
1. Must be able to read and follow menus and recipes and compute basic mathematical calculations.
2. Poses a culinary degree and/ or minimum 1 year experience in luxury hotel or restaurant of similar quality of Langham Hotel Boston
3. Maintain a confident and calm presence
4. Use nonverbal auditory and visual sources of information e.g. alarms
5. Ability to stand, sit, grasp, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, walk, kneel, squat, bend, push and pull
6. Must be available to work a flexible schedule
7. Can include additional duties not listed above.