The Scottsdale Resort and McCormick Ranch
Combining modern accommodations with amenities that capture the elegance of historic haciendas of the past, The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch is both a luxury vacation retreat and an exceptional Phoenix-area destination.
Located in the heart of scenic McCormick Ranch, recognized for the splendor of its lakes, greenbelts and golf courses, the resort features 326 spacious guest rooms and suites each with elegant décor and a residential ambiance while providing convenient access to both the dramatic beauty of the Sonoran Desert and the lively shopping, restaurant, gallery, and club scene of Scottsdale. The resort borders the McCormick Ranch Golf Club offering private golf views from rooms, patios and restaurants. Kitchen West offers satisfying western American fare while Bar Six40 has a vibrant back bar backed to the outside filled with craft and regional Whiskeys and premium Tequilas. The resort is a AAA Four-Diamond Award winner. With nearly 80,000 square feet of combined indoor and outdoor space and a recently completed comprehensive renovation, The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch is a great place to grow your career.
- Create memorable experiences with a warm, welcoming personality that can relate to guests and associates
- Utilize the freedom to go beyond to take initiative to resolve guest complaints and create loyalty
- Share your personal passions and knowledge of the services and amenities available to guests to help them feel at home
- Collaborate with team members to communicate what you see and hear to staff and management to ensure the guests’ needs are being met
- Maintain training and credit hours required to sustain state issued Massage Therapist license
- Restore and restock treatment rooms to a neat and professional manner after each service
- Ensure the privacy of each guest
- Provide consultation to guests as needed to determine their unique needs and expectations
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience providing spa treatments to others is required.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate effectively with guests, team members, and resort leaders.