A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences. Having grown from a well-respected Asian hotel company into a global brand, the Group now operate hotels in Asia, The Americas, Europe, Middle East and North Africa. Mandarin Oriental is a member of the Jardine Matheson group.
Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta is a spectacular addition to our acclaimed collection of hotels and resorts. Situated in the prestigious Buckhead neighborhood, the luxurious 127 guest rooms and 10 suites offer the most spacious luxury accommodations in the city. Unparalleled service and luxury amenities make it the ideal choice for both business and leisure travellers. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental is a serene retreat for effective therapy. Our spa has introduced Atlanta to world-acclaimed and unique Mandarin Oriental therapies.
The Massage Therapist is responsible for, but not limited to, performing as trained all spa treatments to guests in a professional and pleasant fashion.
Under the guidance of the Spa Director and within the limits of the Mandarin Oriental Policies, ensure that all operational procedures, codes of conduct and standards of appearance set down by the Spa Treatment Manager are adhered to by all staff. Help create a happy and motivated team and ensure the smooth running of the spa at all times.
The Spa Therapist reports directly to the Treatments Manager.
- To perform treatments on guests whilst maintaining the guest's comfort at all times.
- Be on time for appointments and thoroughly review appointments after completing each treatment
- Keep work area clean and neat at all times.
- Must follow all Standards and Procedures as taught by legendary trainers or Head Therapist.
- To ensure that a high standard of service is maintained throughout the Spa.
- Assist in the operations of all spa departments as required:
Spa Retail Area
Sales and Marketing
- Report dysfunctional equipment to Spa Director
- To maintain inventory of supplies for the operations of the treatment rooms
- Maintain cleanliness and attention to detail in treatment room throughout shift.
- To attend daily line-ups, weekly and monthly spa meetings.
- Will be expected to assist and perform various demonstrations and events.
- To maintain a high standard of appearance and personal hygiene as lay down by the Spa Director.
- Must attend all training courses as deemed necessary, and must adhere to training as set down by the Spa Director.
- Must have the ability to courteously interact and answer all spa and hotel related questions with guests.
- Perform all treatments to the highest standards.
- Assist in all areas of the spa as and when necessary. E.G. Relaxation area and Reception
- To recognize the importance of "sales" in every aspect of their role and responsible for achieving sales targets as set by the Spa Director.
- To be adaptable and accountable for all actions.
- Arrive 15 minutes before the start of your shift to allow sufficient time to prepare for your workday.
- Will perform as a professional, with a friendly business attitude and conduct all duties and responsibilities as required by the position, or assigned by the Spa Director.
- Maintain current professional licenses.
Must possess a good written and verbal command in the English Language and possess a Georgia State Massage Therapist license.
- Minimum of 1-2 years prior experience Massage Therapist in a luxury spa environment
- Background in Massage Therapy
- Work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must have mathematical skills, technical aptitude and spa operation knowledge.