The On- Call -Cook is responsible for preparing all food items, based on standardized recipes, for the Restaurants and Employee Cafeteria while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
· Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required, according to hotel standards.
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
· Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the opening of the restaurant in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during the Restaurant hours.
· Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, and dairy and meat products.
· Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of each.
· Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
· Prepare and service food for the Employee Cafeteria as specified by the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
· Prepare all foods following hotel standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Chef or Kitchen Supervisor.
· Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
· Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
· Use Production Charts as specified by hotel's standards.
· Be able to support any position in the Kitchen that is in need of help.
· Follow all Health Department and Company regulations in regards to food and storage standards and safety.
· Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
· Maintain a "Clean As You Go" policy.
· Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.