Nestled in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington, DC, the Omni Shoreham Hotel is a true urban oasis within the Capitol City. Associates pride themselves as being a part of a historic landmark serving as host to numerous presidents, dignitaries, political events and inaugural balls.
Associates can enjoy and be rewarded by several career development opportunities and the environment to grow one’s career into various areas of the hotel including leadership roles. The Omni Shoreham Hotel associates consistently rank their place of employment as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and scored the hotel with the highest ever results on the Associate Engagement Survey in 2012.
Associates at the Omni Shoreham Hotel are proud of being a true part of an extended family and many have spent their entire careers within the hotel, some with over 4 decades of service! We celebrate these milestones and as well as many other successes on a monthly basis during our all associate rallies, “Hibiscus Huddles, “in honor of our company logo.
- Supervise C/S Floor Associates, prioritizing work load and determining labor allocations, based upon time constraints and client demands.
- Communicate changes, offer suggestions and train all associates in order to obtain the highest degree of productivity and guests satisfaction.
- Monitor function space and respond to guest needs and changes.
- Check rooms for proper set, temperature and special requests prior to stated time on BEO.
- Inspect and maintain all function space and equipment in working order. Communicate engineering requirements through Synergy
- Complete tasks as assigned by C/S Floor Manager.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Omni rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotel’s facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.Qualifications
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand for up to 7 hours per day.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift items weighing in excess of 50 lbs. routinely.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to daily task.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.st be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Must have a working vocabulary of hotel items to facilitate reporting of deficiencies in the meeting rooms and public spaces of the hotel.
- Must have knowledge of software commonly used in hotels, (Delphi, Kronos, Microsoft Office.)
- Should have working knowledge of typical set-ups used in hotel meeting rooms.
- Able to quickly analyze any situation in order to develop alternatives.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.