A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences. Having grown from a well-respected Asian hotel company into a global brand, the Group now operate hotels in Asia, The Americas, Europe, Middle East and North Africa. Mandarin Oriental is a member of the Jardine Matheson group.
Mandarin Oriental, Atlanta is a spectacular addition to our acclaimed collection of hotels and resorts. Situated in the prestigious Buckhead neighborhood, the luxurious 127 guest rooms and 10 suites offer the most spacious luxury accommodations in the city. Unparalleled service and luxury amenities make it the ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental is a serene retreat for effective therapy. Our spa has introduced Atlanta to world-acclaimed and unique Mandarin Oriental therapies.
The Banquet Houseman is responsible set up designated function rooms to group's requirements in accordance with Hotel standards. Maintain cleanliness and working condition of all respective equipment, guest and service areas.
The Banquet Houseman reports directly to the Assistant Food & Beverage Banquets Manager.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
- Daily scheduled group functions, times, locations, amount of people.
- Location of all Hotel function space and names of rooms.
- All styles of meeting and Banquet room settings.
- Correct maintenance and use of equipment.
- All Departmental/Hotel policies and procedures.
- All safety guidelines.
- Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items/surfaces, according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
- Review assignment sheets with Supervisor; update completed assignments. Check with Supervisor throughout shift for additional assignments.
- Retrieve clean linen and skirting from Laundry and stock in storage areas.
- Stock and organize supply carts with designated materials and equipment. Transport to assigned function area.
- Inspect set rooms for cleanliness and agreement to group requirements; rectify any deficiencies.
- Inspect cleanliness and working condition of all equipment and supplies to be set up in function area; rectify any deficiencies.
- Set up rooms and function areas with designated tables, chairs, staging, dance floor, flipcharts, easels, blackboards and other equipment as specified by group requirements and in accordance with departmental standards.
- Set up table linens, skirting and tabletop items (water pitchers, ashtrays, glasses, etc.) as specified by group and in accordance with departmental standards.
- Refresh rooms as scheduled, following departmental standards.
- Breakdown function areas as scheduled in accordance to departmental procedures. Store all reusable goods and return equipment to specified storage areas.
- Turn over any lost and found items to Supervisor.
- Clean and sanitize glassware in glass wash machine according to machine specifications and departmental standards.
- Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean various floor surfaces (mops, vacuums, buffers, shampoo machine, etc.).
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; sweep and wax floor; remove non-floor closet items and transport to proper storage areas.
- Clean designated areas with proper chemicals, tools and equipment.
- Ensure that nothing is stored in stairwells.
- Transport any food and beverage trays/items in public areas to service areas.
- Check under furniture for debris and remove if present; reposition furniture to correct floor plan.
- Inspect condition of all furniture for tears, rips and stains and report damages to Supervisor. Dust and polish all woodwork.
- Remove all dust, debris and foreign particles from upholstered furniture, including crevices and under cushions.
- Dust pictures, frames, mirrors, fire extinguisher boxes, exit signs and air vents.
- Clean all lamps, light fixtures and light switches; check for proper working condition and rectify any deficiencies.
- Remove dust, spots and smears from house/public phones and reposition properly. Replace soiled/damaged phone books.
- Remove tape and debris from walls/ceilings; clean according to procedures.
- One to two years previous Banquet Housman experience in a luxury hotel setting required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule consisting of am, pm, weekend and holiday shifts
- Work in a safe and prudent manner
- Previous experience in similar position in the Hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of various room set-ups and standard equipment involved.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling and cleaning techniques.
- Adhere to timelines in completion of set-ups.
- Adapt to priority changes of work flow or requirements.
- Previous guest relations training.