Personal and comfortable, with all the luxury amenities you'd ever want. The only hotel on the picturesque shores of Lake Washington, we're only three miles from the high-tech corridor of Redmond, Bellevue and Bothell and just fifteen minutes east of Seattle. That means we're minutes from where you need to be, but far from the everyday.
We have two extraordinary lakeside restaurants. State-of-the art business facilities. Unsurpassed views of the lake, Seattle skyline and the Olympic Mountains beyond. Northwest tranquility in the Northwest Face Spa at the Woodmark. And then there's our incredible staff. Woodmark employees are warm, approachable and anticipate your every need. We love to delight with extra touches to make your stay special: martini bars in every room, garden sculptures adorning our lakeside esplanade and our famous complimentary "Raid the Pantry" every night. And while you're a guest here, you're also a member of the Woodmark Yacht Club, which means access to private parties, kayaking and boat tours of Washington Lake aboard the Woodmark II, our 1956 Chris Craft.
Truth is, our idyllic location on Lake Washington makes everything more serene. A corporate retreat re-energizes your staff. A family reconnects on a sunset kayaking trip. A lakeside wedding becomes forever. Hugely popular for corporate events, weddings and important family occasions, the Woodmark Hotel & Spa is ultimately a place where guests feel at home, and home is on the shores of Lake Washington. Please join us.
Job OverviewThe Office Clerk will be a utility player that will assist the Accounting team. This will include assisting with the mail, paperwork, guest inquiries, and other necessary items. S/he will take a proactive approach to ensuring paperwork is filed appropriately, and that guest inquiries and issues are resolved fully in a timely manner. S/he will assist the staff in providing excellent and positive customer service to guests, department and associates alike.Essential Functions
- Organized and prepared all daily/weekly mail responsibilities for the entire Resort including opening, sorting, and assembling of mail for A/R and A/P Processing.
- Primary point person for handling guest phone calls and inquiries. Will need to research and pull guest data and respond to guest in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the on-going shredding and storage of sensitive A/P and A/R documents while adhering to the retention policies.
- Provide direct support to the A/P, Cashier, and entire accounting staff with any needed tasks.
- Maintain all vendor and staffing files, including creating labels, filing, annual file replacement/removal, and maintaining the master vendor/label spreadsheets.
- Accompany the Cashier to the Lodge to verify and retrieve the cash drop envelopes from the safe behind the Front Desk
- Accounts Payable filing
- Assist A/P with assembling checks for signature and/or mailing, as needed
- Provide back-up for the Cashier
- Perform monthly bank audits with the various Accounting Associates
- Create new vendor files, and updates master label spreadsheet
- Create labels for coworker’s files as needed
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours, but it’s also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest or associate.
A qualified applicant is a “people person” who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy.