Embassy Suites - San Antonio
Location: US - TX - San Antonio
Job Purpose: To use knowledge of a la carte cooking and act as line leader, giving directions to others on production line.
- Use knowledge of a la carte cooking, meat temperatures and presentation to create a finished product that is consistent with dinner entrees and gourmet dining.
- Prepare all orders turned in by wait staff, ensuring that all orders are cooked quickly and according to order.
- Ensure that food leaves kitchen in peak condition.
- To produce all sauces and compounds and cook all food in the appropriate manner such as poaching, sauté, etc.
- Prep food products using standard food preparation techniques.
- Learn menus, recipes, preparation and presentation.
- Ensure that all food is stored in proper containers and at proper storage and holding temperatures.
- Prepare food needed by other kitchen departments, which is best prepared by this department; and prepare all food for the next shift and for the following day as required and directed by Supervisor.
- Maintains work area, including all counter tops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with state, county and company health regulations and work safety regulations.
- If functioning in a lead capacity: (a) take responsibility for assigned employees in absence of Supervisor, (b) assigns work, and ensures proper performance of assigned employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines to prepare food
- Read recipes of item to be prepared, picture what the finished product will look like, and accept responsibility for accuracy of the work as it is turned out.
- Use arithmetic to figure amounts of product needed; measure ingredients with precision.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Minimum 6 months experience as line cook and 3 months as pantry/prep cook; OR equivalent combination.