Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport is seeking a highly motivated, self-determined, dynamic individual with a strong commitment to outstanding service to join our team as a Houseperson.
Are you an individual who enjoys working at a continuous steady pace in a service environment? Do you enjoy working in a team oriented culture where providing outstanding and consistent quality service to others in appreciated? Are you attentive to details and have excellent follow through?
If the answer is YES, DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport , one of Pacific Hospitality Group's Orange County Hotels, is looking for you!
Audits, balances and reports on the various areas of the hotel (e.g. food and beverage
outlets, rooms/front desk, gift shop, etc.) to provide accurate, timely information and to
ensure company and Hotel policies and procedures are followed and to prevent fraud.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Audits, balances and reports on any/all food and beverage outlets (e.g.
restaurants, lounges, banquets, room service) cash and credit operations to
include but not limited to checks, over/short figures/tally sheets, deposits, counts,
house charges, promotional materials, postings, etc. and reset all registers to
ensure accurate, timely information.
2. Audits, balances, posts and reports on the front desk transactions to include but
not limited to room charges, phone calls, zero balance folios, corrections,
adjustments, taxes, disputed charges, over/short figures, deposits, etc., to ensure
accuracy and verify proper cash handling procedures are followed.
3. Audits, balances and prepares, verifies and reports on room information to
provide Rooms Management with a picture of how they are performing. Prepares
and inputs statistics and income journal sheets for preparation of daily reports.
4. Balances and closes all bank ticket codes, daily.
5. Runs night audit final after insuring all revenues are in balance nightly.
6. Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter
to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events,
circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
7. Notifies management of any problems resulting from guest complaints,
intoxication or disruptive behavior.
8. Follows all safety policies and procedures. Reports potential safety issues to
manager whenever observed and takes immediate action to resolve in
emergency situations. OSHA laws require the use of Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE) when performing work duties that have the potential of risk to
your health or safety. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care
of assigned PPE if applicable. The hotel provides the required PPE. Team
member has responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE or
equipment that does not fit properly to their Manager. Maintains compliance with hotel's Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) program and familiarizes
self with current MSDS.
9. Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential
function of the job.
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
1. Greets and completes established check-in procedures for arriving guests on a
daily basis, using both manual and computerized methods, in order to ensure
guest are satisfied and in rooms as requested.
2. Facilitates guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by following established
manual and computer procedures in order to close guest accounts and open the
room for the next sell.
3. Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area
functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and
knowledgeable responses, in person and on telephone.
4. Operates the PBX equipment by accepting incoming calls, assisting outgoing
calls, scheduling and setting wake-up calls and paging guests to provide guests
with timely and efficient service.
5. Perform the duties of a Guest Services Agent including express checkouts.
6. Assists in taking and placing wake-up calls, as needed.
7. May assist with In-Room Dining or amenity deliveries. Follows all standard food
handling, sanitation, TIPS and health department guidelines.
8. Notifies management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of any
equipment and any accidents.
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. Normally requires one to two years accounting or Guest Services experience
2. Requires general knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping transactions
commonly used at comparable hotel or resort.
3. Must have excellent customer service/communication skills to work with guests
of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds for the
purpose of resolving problems/complaints and providing a high level of guest
4. Able to use mathematics to solve problems.
5. Requires ability to use computers programmed with accounting software to
record, store and analyze information.
6. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative
solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Requires attention to detail.
Must be able to solve problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult
guest, during busy activity periods or in an emergency situation.
7. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English to understand
instructions, safety rules, and communicate with guests.
8. Able to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team.
9. May be required to have a valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and
ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment.
10. Completes all required training as scheduled.
11. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be
required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
12. Must maintain a clean appearance and professional demeanor.
DoubleTree by Hilton Santa Ana Orange County Airport is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D.