Night Auditor - Red Roof Dekalb
Red Roof DeKalb
Location: US - IL - Dekalb
Job Summary: Audits, balances, and reports on the various areas of the hotel (e.g., food and
beverage, rooms, front desk, gift shop, etc.) to provide accurate and timely financial information on the hotel's operational performance for the day. Oversees front office/front desk operations during the overnight shift while providing excellent guest services. Report/handle situations to maintain order and ensure observance of applicable laws.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides excellent guest services.
- Checks front office accounting records for accuracy and compiles information for the hotel's financial records.
- Tracks room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office operating statistics.
- Prepares summary of cash, check, and credit card activities, reflecting the hotel's financial performance for the day.
- Posts room charges and room taxes to guest accounts. Processes guest charge vouchers and credit card vouchers.
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
- Summarizes results of operations, prepares and distributes reports for management by end of their shift.
- Performs duties of the Front Desk Agent.
- Monitor lobbies and the front desk.
- Investigate disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalisms, and accidents and report findings to management.
- Warns or ejects troublemakers, and cautions careless persons.
- Obtains assistance for accident victims and writes incident reports.
- Notifies management of presence of persons with questionable reputations.
- Works with enforcement officers in emergency situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or equivalent. Accounting background preferred. Previous hotel experience desired. Strong customer service orientation and skills. Ability to operate front office equipment and computers.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Present a professional image, and able to communicate well with both guests and employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage. Ability to compile facts and figures. Ability to understand principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Accounting software; Internet software; and property management software.
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to use close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.