The Summit, a Dolce Hotel
Location: US - OH - Cincinnati
As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500 hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000 associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com/.
Located less than ten miles from downtown Cincinnati, The Summit is set to usher in a new era of style and sophistication in the Queen City. The anchor of $124 million mixed-use development on the campus of MedPace, the 239-room hotel will delight guests with a contemporary, Cincinnati-centric art collection; modern Fitness Center with yoga studio; and well-stocked library. Chefs and mixologists will oversee an innovative program highlighted by fresh, seasonal ingredients with a culinary nod to the region’s German heritage.
The Summit offers up a refreshing dose of local color and flavor, and promises a unique Cincinnati experience for passionate travelers.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for a Night Auditor to work at to work at the Summit Hotel in Cincinnati, OH. This position is responsible for performing the night audit operations to ensure the maintenance of financial controls, and compliance with hotel standards.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Follows cash handling procedures as outlined by the accounting department.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording and reporting of all property receipts.
- Maintain guest service standards at the front desk at all times.
- Solves guest-related problems within scope of authority, including complaints and billing discrepancies.
- Follow cash handling procedures as outlined by the accounting department; collect payment at check-out and provides change for guests as needed.
- Perform all end-of- day front desk and night audit functions, including reviewing cashier audits for accuracy, balancing credit card postings to computer system, maintaining computer database integrity daily, and auditing of master bills.
- Complete express check-out in a timely manner and issues to security for delivery.
- Review cashier audits for accuracy; generate related reports and journal entries.
- Print all master bills and review for accurate postings; compare to daily event order to ensure that all functions have been properly recorded; inform Director of Finance of missed revenue or improper postings.
- Prepare, balance, post, and distribute all necessary reports on a daily basis.
- Minimum formal education of high school diploma or GED with college degree.
- A minimum of 2 years prior Industry experience in hospitality or client-centric professional services.
- Full knowledge of accounting operations.
- Excellent communications skill (oral & written)
- Computer literate. Prefer strong Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Prefer experience with Delphi, Lanyon and Opera hotel automation systems.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Warm, personable and energetic demeanor with professional and pleasant phone manner.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to prioritize, identify problems, and seek solutions and follow up and follow through with a variety of tasks.
- Must be able to work variable shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the United States.
- Honest, trustworthy, discreet and careful with confidential information
- Walking and standing are required the rest of the working day.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity. Some portions of daily assignments involve ergonomic risk, such as repetitive tasks, hands exertion, vibration, cold temperatures, poor body mechanics, restrictive work stations or awkward postures.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.