At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel Front Desk Team provides personal and impeccable guest service. They respond to guest inquires and requests and ensure seamless Arrival and Departure processes. The Front Desk Team anticipates guest needs and remains knowledgeable about all aspects of the hotel at all times. The Front Desk Team Members act as exemplary ambassadors of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel for guests and inter-departmental communication, requests, and inquiries.
- The Front Desk Team works to constantly and continuously perfect the Arrival and Departure processes of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel.
- The Front Desk Team works closely with ALL departments to provide personalized assistance.
- The Front Desk Team works closely with all departments to help anticipate needs and exceed the expectations of each and every guest.
- The Front Desk Tam develops and adheres to all departmental STO’s, policies, and procedures.
- The Front Desk Team is responsible for processing guest arrivals, departures, phone calls, revising in-house reservations, cashiering functions, and assisting with special guest service requests.
Front Desk Supervisor
Front Desk Agent(s)
Front Desk Night Auditors
A hotel where employees are empowered and given the freedom to creatively and resourcefully anticipate the guest’s wishes and needs and to follow through to ensure execution is flawless.
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- College Degree preferred (Front Desk Supervisor)
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and pleasantly in English
- Fluent in a foreign language preferred
- Basic Computer Skills required; type at least 45 wpm
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to make accurate mathematical calculations using a calculator
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum 1 year hospitality or customer service experience required
- Minimum 1 year previous front desk and/or reservations experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years previous supervisory experience required (Front Desk Supervisor only )
- Must possess and consistently demonstrate all “skills” listed below
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Reports to: Guest Services Manager
- Key Relationships: Hotel Manager, Director of Revenue Management, Accounting, the ENTIRE Guest Services Team, Housekeeping, and Engineering
- Must maintain a good working relationship with ALL departments
- Front Desk Agent(s) and Night Auditor
- Report to: Front Desk Supervisor
- Key Relationships: ALL departments (including Housekeeping and Engineering), Entire Guest Services Team, Accounting
Skills (Entire Front Desk Team)
- Ability to focus and follow-through on details
- Ability to use a computer and required software properly and efficiently
- Ability to adhere to any and all policies of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel and Benchmark Global Hospitality (including the Appearance Standards Policy)
- Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guest information and internal hotel practices
- Ability to use time efficiently and productively with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain company/hotel standards
- Ability to professionally represent “THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel” while presenting a warm, professional, and refined demeanor with guests and fellow team members
- Ability to present information professionally and efficiently
- Ability to maintain knowledge of hotel features and information (e.g., dining, babysitting, events, amenities, etc.)
- Ability to understand and respond appropriately to guest inquiries and needs while remaining calm, courteous, and professional
- Ability to promote positive relationships with guests via email, in person, and/or over the phone
- Ability to organize information and remain educated on all aspects of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel and the city of Knoxville
Front Desk Night Auditor
- Perform the night audit operations to ensure the maintenance of financial controls and compliance with the standards of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel and Benchmark Global Hospitality
- Complete night audit checklist
- Print downtime report and replenish supply of downtime keys
- Verify that all in-house guests have been checked-in
- Ensure all necessary deposits have been taken
- Prepare the daily Restaurant Revenue Report data by auditing POS/MICROS to break down revenue, covers, tax, server tips, paid outs and settlements by type and cashier
- Ensure tickets and folios are properly matched up and accounted for
- Run audit reports
- Make corrections and adjustments and handle all computer problems that might occur throughout the shift
- Balance all revenue and settlement accounts nightly, maintain files and reset the system for next day operations
- Print and build the Night Audit pack in accordance with the standards of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel and Accounting guidelines
- Manually check-in guests who arrive at the Hotel during date roll/night audit
- Ensure guests are properly checked into OPERA system after audit
- Perform all front desk/guest services tasks in accordance with the standards of THE HOLIDAY INN WORLD’S FAIR PARK Hotel at all times
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other reasonable duties as assigned by their Supervisors and/or Management.
EOE/M/F/D/V Must be willing to submit to background check upon offer